News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

I found an old Zodiak and do not see it in the gallery ,pictures added to reply

Started by Bob, September 20, 2009, 06:40:49 PM

Bob

I found an old Zodiak watch. I have a feeling it is a second world war era watch. Black face with these words.
Zodiak
incasecurit
wasserdight

I can see one means water proof in German, not sure of the other but would guess with "curit" it probably had radium in the hands and the numbers for night use.

Inside it is written "15 rubis"  and ZODIAK Le Locle  and FAB SUISSE and A.S.1130

Inside the back cover is written  4263  and 884497. There are also a lot of small numbers scratched in that may identify it to an owner that I will not repeat here as it will require a bit of work to figure them all out.
On the back, Waterproof, Stainless Steel Back, Swiss Made
Considering that this watch has spent a lot of time underwater it is a miracle that when I pulled the back off it was pretty much dry and after a few hours in the sun the second hand was moving when the watch was wound.
Any ideas?
I suspect it was a WWII war souvenir.
Any comments?

Thanks
Bob

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

;D   BOB--welcome to the site! is your spelling correct, ZODIAK?  would love to see pictures of it. your friend, JON P

Bob

As noted by a poster the correct spelling is ZODIAC, either some spell check flipped it on me or it was too obvious and right in front of my face, oh well sorry about that. Here are the pictures as best as I could.
Bob

Butch

I just took a quick look to see if I have a picture like this one, but did not see one. But I do have a lot of pics, not sorted nor cataloged. <sigh> I have a lady's watch box and certificate from Switzerland in French that shows an sale date of Aug. 29, 1955 and the serial number is 642985 so I think yours is from the late 50's maybe.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign