News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Sea Wolf Stainless steel stretch bracelet

Started by VinSW, February 27, 2020, 10:54:15 PM

VinSW

The bracelet on my 1969 Sea Wolf has 3 rows wide of "brick" links.It is a stretch bracelet, there are springs inside the links to let it give a bit when you bend your wrist. Unfortunately  mine has lost some of the springs or they are just worn out. It has the Zodiac symbol on the clasp and stamped Zodiac and 1-66(date made?) on the inside of the folding part of the clasp.
I would like to get it fixed if possible. Does BWG do these repairs?
When did Zodiac start using the JB Champion Beads Of Rice bracelets? I would much rather have one of those if they were used in 1969, keeping the complete watch time period correct.
Thanks,
Jim VinSW
Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is.

Butch

Trauner (later and Son(s)) was the North American distributor for Zodiac back then. While they did bring in some Sea Wolfs with that Zodiac divers band (named such as it can be stretched to go over a wet suit), most of their watches, including many Sea Wolfs, were imported without bands. They had a lady who's job it was to put a JB Champion band (American made and cheaper) on them, then box them and send out to the jewelers. Jewelers could order them with either band.

Repairing those bands is considered not to be cost effective by most watchmakers as it takes so much time to do so. Time a watchmaker can put to use servicing a watch and making more money. 15 years ago I had a local guy who would service any tricky repairs for me, as a friend, but he would not service all my watches, especially the ones for resale. He did the repairs for all the jewelers in the county, he could make $400 servicing a Rolex and only $100 for a Zodiac.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign