News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Sea Wolf setting date

Started by VinSW, March 04, 2020, 01:48:31 PM

VinSW

I have 3 Sea Wolf's .On my 1st one, which just got done being serviced by BWG and is soon to be shipped to me :), it has a 3 position crown, in all the way to wind, pull out half way till it slightly stops to set the date, and all the way out to set the time. If i got this right, to set the date correctly without screwing up the date advancing gears: 

1) place the hour and minute hands in the 4-8 position,( the lower part of the dial)
                                                                     2) pull the crown out to the middle position
                                                                     3) turn the crown in one direction or the other to change the date
                                                   questions :       Looking at the crown from the face of the crown, do i turn it clockwise or
                                                                            counterclockwise to change the date or is it ok to turn in either direction?

How do i determine if the watch is in AM or PM at this point? Before i start do i                    advance the time till it goes to the next day.Then i know where i'm at? Then do the steps i outlined above?

My latest SW has the quick set date feature and i have the original info folder describing the date setting  procedure. It has a 2 position crown, no middle crown position for the date setting.
I messed up the gears once , don't want to do it again. Please let me know if i got this procedure right.There are those only 2 procedures, the quick set and the one i outlined above?
Thanks, Jim

Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is.

Ultra-Vintage

For vintage Seawolfs, if they have a quickset date advance it is by pushing the crown in when it is in the winding position (crown will be a small distance away from the case, and has a return spring to bring it back to that point once released).  There is no middle position, only 2 (pushed in to wind, pull out to set hands).  Zodiac did not go to the standard 3 position configuration until they switched to ETA movements after A Schild was bought by ETA.  It is also not advised to quickset the date excessively as it is possible to loosen the detent screw and allow the stem to be pulled out after doing so.

In regards to knowing whether it is AM or PM, on any watch I always quickset the date to the day before the current date, then pull out the crown to set the time (and advance the date to current day) manually from there to make sure you will get the AM/PM correct.

VinSW

Thanks so much for the detailed info, and am so grateful to see you responded to my question. :)
I will print this info in triplicate for future reference.
Thanks, Jim
Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is.

Butch

"HONEY! Where are the 3 printouts I made on how to wind my watch?"

:lafing
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

VinSW

I just received my Sea Wolf back from servicing by BWG. I had him also swap the caseback and bezel off another Sea Wolf to make the one i had serviced as nice as possible. I am very pleased with his service. :)
  I had an appt with my Doctor last week. I noticed a nice watch on his wrist and i asked about it.  He mentioned how much it costs for servicing by a local watch repair. I gave him BWG's contact info.I want my Dr. to be on time, while i wait alone in the exam room. :)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign