News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Heads up to anyone looking for Red Points

Started by JDS (Ohio), September 27, 2009, 06:38:15 PM

JDS (Ohio)

Some automatics in the point series started showing up on ebay yesterday.  No knowledge myself of the seller, other than his feedback is good and his written english is slightly worse than mine (  ;D  ).  I did snag one, but it hasn't shipped yet to my knowledge.  These are supposedly NOS recently found in Switzerland, but no papers. 

So I have no knowledge of the seller first hand, but thought I'd let everyone know to take a look if they are interested - use your own good judgement as to whether to buy.  There were some blue point and gold point autos (first I've ever seen) as well, though not my cup of tea.

Photos when it gets here.   Cheers!
John

jon p

:( :( :( ;D     i saw those also---out of my budget range now but i am glad you got one.i already have a blue point--white dial stainless and gold--it is one of my favorites. let us know when you receive it!

davec73

I saw those too John,

interesting watches, but a little pricey and also out of my range.  Would love to see some pics when you get it though.  Must be amazing what you can find in some of those Swiss warehouses. :)

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: davec73 on September 28, 2009, 11:28:26 AM
I saw those too John,

..........Must be amazing what you can find in some of those Swiss warehouses. :)

I've heard somewhere that under at least some circumstances, they can legally assemble parts inventory into finished watches.  The nuances of the Swiss law are beyond me, but Butch may know more of the details than me.  I'd assume that would NOT be the case here, I think these models date clear back to the 1980s.
John

JDS (Ohio)

Well, I did get mine.  It really does appear to be NOS, and definitely looks nicer than it photographs.  I took pictures Sunday, but won't have a chance to upload any until at least this weekend.

John
John

Sea Wolf

Good looking Red Point chrono on the bay right now.  Starting bid $700  :'(
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign