News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My paternal grandmother's Zodiac.

Started by kayla, March 31, 2021, 04:19:17 PM

kayla

Hello,
I have had this Zodiac watch in my possession since my grandmother died in 1996. She wore this watch for as long as I can remember. She had the most delicate wrists and when I look at this watch now, it seems impossibly small to wear. I am also suprised she had a watch this nice, because she grew up in total poverty in rural Florida. She married my grandfather when she was fourteen. He served in the Coast Guard in the Pacific for three years during WWII and as a teenager, she single-parented two small children while he was gone, one of whom was completely disabled with cerebral palsy. She went on to eventually finish high school and go to nursing school. She worked as an RN for many years. She and my grandfather were extremely thrifty, no doubt because of their years of being very poor. Anyway, my husband and I are now downsizing because our kids are grown, and I'm not sentimental or into keepsakes much at all, but would love to know how old this watch might be and if it's worth keeping, passing on, or selling. It is a wind-up, and it still runs. Thank you.

Butch

Very late 50's or early 60's? If she was an RN she probably bought this for the second hand to take a pulse. Just my guess.

Women's watches in general, and Zodiacs in particular, are simply not collected. So their value is only what the buyer is willing to pay.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

kayla

I'll bet you are right about needing the second hand for taking a pulse. Thanks so much for the info.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign