News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Astrographic with Ferrari "Car" second marker

Started by meganian, October 01, 2009, 05:22:43 PM

meganian

Does anyone know anything about a watch I got on ebay 1-2 years ago, but haven't been able to find anything out about? In place of the regular red dot second marker, there is a "Ferrari" red F1/indy car shape that goes around. The previous owner claimed these were made for Ferrari? Thanks for any help.

I've attached a bad scan from my flatbed to give you some idea of what it looks like. The "car" was also moving.
It's a Zodiac Astrographic SST Automatic with date at the 12 position.

Anyone??

jon p

:o ::)   we would love to see some good pics of it --sounds very interesting!

meganian

I'll try to take some this weekend. I'm surprised no one on this site knows anything about it either? I collect vintage watches from the 40's to the 70's. This is my first Zodiac...maybe it IS as rare as the previous owner stated! I'm glad to have found this site- great info on here!

Butch

You see them on eBay every few years or so. I guess there were not many and they were made for a company. I do not know any more about them.

Zodiac was a company small enough to do promotion runs for companies and even governments. The Dr. Pepper Hermetics comes to mind. Saddam Hussein had a contract too and awarded them to his military.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

meganian

This is the watch... Thx for the Info, Butch. Anybody else know anything about it? Would love to know the whole story behind it.

coolhandpuke

This is great..
I would love to see more about this.
thats a great photo as well.
I wish I knew more of those kicking about

joe

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign