News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

First Post On The Board

Started by Gary, January 11, 2010, 11:49:39 AM

Gary

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I wanted to say what a great site this is.  I just purchased my first Sea Wolf.  I got it off of Craig's list and wanted to get your collective opinion of the watch.  I bought it from the original owner who purchased it new in 1978.  He had it recently serviced about 3 years ago and by his report, the servicing cost him $200.

The seller indicated that it was all original (to include the band).  He had apparently worn it somewhat infrequently as a recreational diver back in the late 70's and early 80's and then just stopped wearing it for a number of years and simply decided to sell it last week.  It appears to keep perfect time.  The only downside is that the gray enamel under the bezel appears to be somewhat worn.  Thanks in advance....Gary

reydelaplaya

Hey, welcome to the club.  Nice Sea Wolf - great watch to own.  Treat it nice, and it'll surly last a long time. 

Butch

Yes, bezels (or lack thereof) are the bane of that model. The damage you see is the water that got under it and washed away the paint. The enamel ring was not fully glued in at the factory.

Welcome aboard!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

keep searching the net-ever so often a bezel will show up-be patient it may take a while! it looks good and a gentle polishing will work wonders. i use MOTHERS aluminum/mag wheel polish from the auto section at wal mart--it works SO WELL on stainless steel AND makes a plastic crystal look like new. there are "special " watch polishes available but they are expensive and dont do any better.try it, i have made many watches look great. you made a great find at a very good price! take care of it and honor it, it is a real piece of zodiac history.  JON

Gary

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I appreciate it.  Jon--Great information on polishing.  Look forward to future discussion with everybody.  Gary

flyingdutchman

Welcome Gary! Nice to have more Zodiac Enthusiasts in the world. Hope to hear your input often. FD

Gary

FD...Thanks!  Glad to be here.  This is a really great site....Gary

ChrisG

Welcome. Great piece you got there. Do not be overly concerned about the bezel. To me it shows character and that in its lifetime it was actually worn as it was designed for.

Gary

Thanks ChrisG.  I really enjoy the watch and look forward to trying to collect some additional ones...Gary

JDS (Ohio)

John

Gary

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign