News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Trying to Identify This Watch

Started by Grei Goose, January 19, 2010, 07:31:48 PM

Grei Goose

Good Evening Everyone,

I own a Zodiac watch and was wondering if someone could help me identify it.  I have been searching online and would like to find out the model name.  I've had it for quite some time.

Thanks.

Butch

Give me the model number off the back.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Melmoth

Hi Grei Goose, welcome to the forum.

Looks like a Silver Point watch from the 90's. Mineral glass with 200m depth rating. Looks kind small so probably mid sized quartz, as butch said there is a model number on the back of the watch , hazard a guess at 213.12.02, these were positioned below the gold and blue point watches which had  sapphire crystal, full deployments on the bands rather than pressed. These were almost always in quartz movements, I don't think I've ever seen an auto version. Zodiac in the 90's presented these as dive watches, although the same could be aid of almost evey watch they were making in the 1990's.

Nice watch, looks NOS, wear it well,

Regards,
            John

Melmoth

Looking at the crown it definitely looks to be the mid sized version, full size versions crown is covered more by the crown guards.

Grei Goose

Thanks John.  I read Butch's post after going to work so I could not respond with the number but it sounds similar to the number you wrote.     

I have never worn the watch.  And it is a whacky story how I got it.  It was a Christmas present from a co-worker.  She knew I loved Tag and Omega watches and saw this one and thought I'd like it.  I am having a hard time finding someone who will replace the battery and remove a link or two.  I have a small wrist (Ladies' watch and all.  Or at least I hope it is.)  Had it put away all this time.

Thanks.

Melmoth

Hi Grei,
          Nice present to get, its interesting you mention Tag watches as zodiac at the time was trying to capture that market, the silver point watches were similar in design to the Tag 200 series of the time. I time the head of zodiac was an ex Tag Heuer employee, others here would remember that era better than myself.

Battery change should be straightforward and the bracelets are simple to size on these, any half decent watch shop should suffice.

Grei Goose

Melmouth - That's very interesting.  I was very interested in watches that seemingly had the same look.   

Butch - The number is 208.12.02.

Thank you both for all the assistance.

jon p

;D these ARE nice watches and you are lucky to have one in new condition ! get the battery changed ASAP--if it leaks it will ruin the movement. if you have a " its about time " store near you they can change it and adjust bracelet at a reasonable fee. these did look like tags-very close. i have 2 of them in the larger size, a stainless with gold dial and a all gold plated one with white dial. they do wear well,not too big and light weight.

Melmoth

Good words of wisdom Jonp , battery leaks are death for the movement, so get a new one in there.

I've never had a had a full sized one of these, bought the wife one with a strange plastic bezel and odd bracelet, she's never worn it, going to look up model number of her silver point, never seen one like it......wanders off thinking....

Butch

Grei,

208.12.02 was the second smallest of the 4 models like this in the 1990's Silver Point line. It has a mineral glass crystal, 18K gold plate (I think), and was about the middle of all the lines in pricing back then.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Grei Goose

Thanks.  These watches are conversation pieces for sure.  Makes me appreciate not getting a more 'known' brand.  Sometimes things that are not as commercial have their own special appeal.

I will see if someone can change that battery asap.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign