News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Help with identifying my watch

Started by markatwell, February 04, 2010, 12:55:41 PM

markatwell

Greetings All,

New to this forum, having just uncovered my old Zodiac (at least I think so) from a desk drawer.  I'm wondering if anyone can help me regarding what it is and when it might have been made?  A picture of the front and back (not great quality, sorry) should be attached (unless I made a mistake). 

The watch says it is a Zodiac Rotographic with only the numbers 3,6,9,12 showing on the face.  On the back it says (in a semi-circle starting around 7 and going to 5 "WATER- & SHOCKRESISTANT (then a picture of balance scales, in the center) AUTOMATIC-ANTIMAGNETIC-SWISS".  At the bottom is simply says Zodiac, and below that appear the numbers 1013652.

Thanks very much for any help you might be able to provide.     

Mark A, Colorado Springs

Butch

That model was made in the late 50's and early 60's. Judging by the 1M serial number, I would presume this to be a later model. Given is rough shape, I would not attach a lot of value to it. I like the dial, I do not think I ever saw one like it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

markatwell

Hi Butch,

Thanks very much for the information on the watch.  I know very little but guessed it was from years past (from the styling).  I never worried about the value.  One rainy day in the 80's I stepped out of my car in Manheim, PA, and saw the watch (no strap) lying in the gutter and just picked it up.  Back then I think I had a small shop replace the crown and crystal (since scratched).  I just like it because it was an old self-winder; hadn't even known about Zodiac back then.  Nice website!

Mark

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign