News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Introduction - Hi

Started by onespeed, February 08, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

onespeed

Hi,
Not sure of the etiquette here, but as a relative newcomer to watch collecting, I thought I'd introduce myself. My names Gary and I live in the UK. Interests are dive and sports chronos, both modern and vintage. I also have a passion for classic cars and diving (hence the dive watches  :) .)

I joined the forum for two reasons, firstly in the hope of expanding my (very) limited knowledge, secondly because in my hunt for a grail watch I mailed our host a while back. His reply was helpful, friendly and encouraging. Finally, I'm still searching for that grail piece.

I aim to contribute whenever I feel I've something to offer, and listen (& learn) from others the rest of the time.

All the best

Gary

Butch

Welcome Gary! And which model do you consider to be your grail?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

gary,hello to you,welcome to the forum. get ready--you have access to great info on zodiac watches from nice people !  JON

onespeed

Butch / Jon,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I confess that I lurked for while just to try and get a feel for the forum. The friendly content encouraged me to join.

As for grail watch, that would be the 3 Register GMT Chronograph. I first saw my first pics of one here, and have been looking ever since. I've found a couple for sale, but they don't seem to come up very often.

I don't know very much about them accept that they resemble the manual wind Heuer Autavia's of the 60s, so I guess the cases were made for Zodiac by Heuer, and that they use the same Valjoux movement. I've wanted the Zodiac from the off, just to be different from the crowd, with an element of exclusivity that you don't get with the Heuer.

I suspect that there will be others in time, as I become more familiar with the brand.

Gary

Gary

Hello Gary!  Welcome to the forum.  I'm also a relative newcomer to the watch collecting business.  My favorite are the various Sea Wolf varieties that appear from time to time.  Welcome aboard and my name also is....Gary

Yankees76

Welcome to the forum - hopefully we can help you find that elusive watch!

JDS (Ohio)

Talk about "The usual suspects"!  Good to see you here Gary.  I haven't been posting there as much lately, but I still stop by and read a good bit over on ATG.  I bought Paige's red point chronograph over there, and still have it.
John

reydelaplaya

Welcome to the forum, Gary.

Since we bring up the topic of grail watch... <drools>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400090662564&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Doesn't mean I don't like all the different Zodiacs I collect, but let's face it, a man can dream a little, right...

It would go with me to the grave! ;)

Butch

C'mom man, first its a VC and not a Zodiac, and secondly it is not the auto VC makes that is just as thin. Now THAT is a marvel. But don't get me off topic.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign