News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

First post...

Started by cmoy, February 11, 2010, 08:06:26 PM

cmoy

Been lurking for a while, don't know why it took me so long to sing up  :o  For my first post I'd like to share with you guys my 60's Aerospace  :)

Gary

cmoy....Welcome aboard!  Beautiful watch...Thanks for sharing!....Gary

cmoy

jon p

man--that is beautiful for sure ! it looks like factory new, how long have you owned it? you will find out there are a bunch of gmt fans on here,me for one. i have the older model with metal bezel, skinny hands with the red arrow tip gmt hand. welcome to the forum.    JON

davec

Hey Chris,

amazing shot ,  good to see you here.   :)

cmoy

Thanks Jon!  I love GMT's, all brands  ;D  I've had this one since Apr of 2008.  I don't wear it that much.  Would you think mine is from the late 60's?  I thought it was from the 70's but the case back is markers "20 AMT-Waterproof".  Would love a Pepsi GMT  :D

cmoy

Thanks Dave!  :)  Good to me here.  I need more Zodiac's though  :o 

Quote from: cmoy on February 11, 2010, 10:01:45 PM
Thanks Jon!  I love GMT's, all brands  ;D  I've had this one since Apr of 2008.  I don't wear it that much.  Would you think mine is from the late 60's?  I thought it was from the 70's but the case back is markers "20 AMT-Waterproof".  Would love a Pepsi GMT  :D

Yankees76

Nice watch - looks mint!  :o

cmoy

Thanks Yankee76!  There's a light hairline scratches but yeah it's in pretty good shape.  This has to be the cleanest vintage watch I have.

jon p

i would guess LATE 60s/ early 70s due to the bezel type. butch IS our expert, i bet he can date it better than me. you have a very pristine gmt, the condition everyone dreams of finding!!!    JON

cmoy

Thanks Jon!  I was shocked when I opened the box  :o  Like I said to Yankee76 that has to be my cleanest vintage watch!  I should send her out for new gaskets but I can't seem to let her go.  Not even for a few months  :D

Yankees76

It might be worthwhile to get it serviced anyways - just to get it cleaned....

cmoy

I should.  I need to put it in a box and ship it out, can't think about it  :o  I have so many vintage watches that need servicing but they're all sitting in a drawer  ???

jon p

8) CHRIS---butchs watch repair guy is THE BEST, he is the only one we all use. usual 2 week tunraround and he is the zodiac guru. i spent a lot of money on my GMT  local and they could not fix it--BWG knew what was wrong by email before he even saw my watch ! get with butch for details on who he is.he is a great guy and pays attention to detail. your watch deserves the best care and he gives it for sure. i couldnt believe the difference in mine :o JON

Yankees76

Quote from: cmoy on February 12, 2010, 12:05:52 PM
I should.  I need to put it in a box and ship it out, can't think about it  :o  I have so many vintage watches that need servicing but they're all sitting in a drawer  ???

Sell them to me for a low-low price and I'll get them serviced for ya! ;)

BTW I've only been here a short time, but I've seen some Before and After pictures and Butch's guy does amazing things with Zodiacs.

I would have the watch serviced every 5 years anyways. They'll run forever if you do.

cmoy

Thanks Jon ans Yankee76!  BTW Can't sell my watches, wife will kill me  :o  Sorry Yankee76  ;D

COOL!  I wouldn't mind sending him my Super Sea Wolf.  Had it serviced a few years ago but the guy said the post on the chrono second hand had a crack and the hand may or may not reset to 12 o'clock.  Since then I havn't played around with the chrono.  BTW Do you guys know if the Super Sea Wolf came with a signed crown?  Mine is definitely a replacement, unsigned and polished like a mirror.   Thanks again!

Butch

As far as I can tell the vintage SSWs never had a signed crown.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Yankees76

Quote from: cmoy on February 12, 2010, 04:57:31 PM
Thanks Jon ans Yankee76!  BTW Can't sell my watches, wife will kill me  :o  Sorry Yankee76  ;D

No worries - I was only kidding. I don't have a small fortune to buy those minty looking Seikos and Zodiacs off you!  ;D

BTW nice photography on your website - the shots of the Flightmaster and Marinemaster are spectatcular. Great job on the lighting.

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

cmoy

Thanks Butch!

Quote from: Butch on February 12, 2010, 05:45:24 PM
As far as I can tell the vintage SSWs never had a signed crown.

cmoy

Thanks Yankee76!   :)

Quote from: Yankees76 on February 12, 2010, 05:59:51 PM
Quote from: cmoy on February 12, 2010, 04:57:31 PM

No worries - I was only kidding. I don't have a small fortune to buy those minty looking Seikos and Zodiacs off you!  ;D

BTW nice photography on your website - the shots of the Flightmaster and Marinemaster are spectatcular. Great job on the lighting.

JDS (Ohio)

Sweet!  Looks like NOS.
John

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign