News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

First Post and my Zodiac Collection

Started by neth, March 14, 2010, 04:56:32 AM

neth

I knew Butch's great website already because I already had some Zodiacs in my collection for years. But now the Zodiac collection grew to 8 pieces it's time to show my face here, also because I have some questions. I am a collector from the Netherlands of everything that ticks and fits around a wrist, I have a lot of watches (never bothered to count) from a lot of brands. I first "feel" a watch and then look at the movement. Brand comes last.

Now, my Zodiacs:

Very nice Autograpic and my first Zodiac.

1st Astrograpic, very nice, with original band, but would need a new glass. That I fear is going to be hard to find?

2nd Astrograpic (SST), in very good condition.

3rd Astrograpic (also SST), also very nice but would need the disks of the hands cleaned (if you turn them the "see through" shows because of some dirt).

An SST, with a nice textured face:

Another SST with great brown dial. The band is 26 mm! I love the high beat movement with date quick set (via pushing) the crown.

A caliber 90 (11/12) chronograph in very nice condition.

And another and in my opinion the nicest. This one needs a new glass but more imortantly a new pusher. If anyone can help me with a pusher like this (or knows were to find one), please let me know!

Marrick

That's a really, really, nice set of watches you've got there. 8)

Butch

Nice collection Neth. Some rare AstorGs in great condition too!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

;D welcome to the forum-always nice to add another member!! your zodiacs are outstanding! there are some NOS astro crystals on ebay now.  JON

JDS (Ohio)

Good to see you over here Henrik.  I think I like the Autographic about as much as the chronographs.

As you already know, I have Zodiac homes in mind for a one or two of your straps.
John

neth

Thanks for the positive reactions guys. The last chronograph is of to my watchmaker who is trying to find a new pusher. I hope he can find one that is exactly like the one that's still on it, or else he will have to put on two different ones that fit. If any of you have a tip on where to find a correct pusher please let me know!

@jon p: Thanks for the tip but the crystal I found on ebay does not fit my watch.
@John: If you have a picture, I would love to see how the strap look on your watch!

neth

I got my Zodiac chrono with calibre 12 (Zodiac 90) back this week. It took months to find a fitting crystal (it's a big watch - 44 mm) and the new pushers that were exactly right. The whole movement has been overhauled as well. But now it's one of the nicest vintage chronographs I have ever seen. It put a dark blue strap on it.

This is how it looked before:

This is how it looks now:

Butch

Good things do come to those that wait. VERY nice Neth!!!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

;D neth,wow, you do have a collection of rare zodiacs!!beautiful watches, i am drooling. thanks for sharing.   JON

Marrick

Yes sir - an impressive collection. That chrono is superb. :)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign