News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Can someone tell me about this watch

Started by jswiff, May 21, 2010, 10:18:18 PM

jswiff

I purchased this watch at a garage sale and the owner said it took a battery. I realized by shaking it the small dial on the left started working and the watch keeps great time. The side buttons when pressed seems not to activate the other hands. The back case has nothing nothing on it. How old is the watch and is it worth fixing.
Thanks,
Regards,
Gerald

Sea Wolf

:o Good find.  That is a 2 register Zodiac Chrono.  I have one similar.
Butch will know more about your model.

Here is a discussion that has photos of mine:  http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php?topic=298.0

Yes, that is worth having serviced for sure and it can look great.

Contact Butch in order to get in contact with his watch guy.

Also, look through the gallery at Chronograph and you will see others like yours.
I think you have a manual wind but I could be mistaken.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

That is a manual wind (the center knob) 2 register chronograph from the early 1970's. Once serviced, the value is about $400-500.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

??? ??? ??? if it starts running when shaken--sounds like an automatic. the top button should stsrt the large red crono hand and another push stops it. the bottom button resets to "0". nice watch for a yard sale find--i should be so lucky! it IS worth fixing up!  JON

zaniac

Congratulations on the find! I was at an auction this past Saturday and was looking for any Zodiacs, but no luck. I've yet to find one at an auction, heck that even includes looking on all the older fella's wrists too. But a yard sale? Wow, thanks for not telling how much you paid...I'm envious enough!
Chris

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign