News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

mystery dial

Started by jon p, June 30, 2010, 12:06:58 PM

jon p

:-\ :-\ :-\  ebay item 250657314447 this mystery dail IS a MYSTERY ! something just does not look correct,BUT i am not that familiar with this model. the word zodiac buried on the lower dial looks weird in its location and the white disc--date i guess-- looks real strange. any one have any comments???  JON

reydelaplaya

You called it, Jon. Notice that the blue dial is also signed Zodiac, only that half of it it hidden? What profesional watch company would be that sloppy? This watch has the blue dial of a different style Astrographic, merged with the numeric Astrographic. I'm fairly certain that the dial has been replaced. Pull out that movement, and i'm sure you'll find the rest of the writing on
that dial. That box should probably also say something about being astrographic, though it's doesn't seem to. 

Edit: after a closer look, you can definitely see the other astrographic on that dial, clearly wrong. AND, I have no doubt that that hour hand is a standard metal and not a disk. Minute hand looks like it's a triangle instead of a dash. Put together from a bunch if extra parts to mimic the real model.

Singapore.

jon p

8) 8) great info! it seems like this seller puts together a lot of parts to make one " good " watch. i have seen some others he has made up! buyer beware. thanks for the input.

Ultra-Vintage

I laughed when I saw that one.  Since so many of the parts are interchangeable from seawolf to seawolf and astro to astro, some really odd looking conglomerations have come across Ebay the last couple of years.  I do not know who is bidding on that watch, but there is no way that anyone can think that it looks good....

Butch

U-V.... but... but.. it IS a vintage Zodiac!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:P BUTCH---more like a collection of vintage zodiac PARTS!!!! what a freakin MESS ! some one WILL buy this never knowing what they really have.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign