News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

First picture post test flight

Started by TJW, July 13, 2010, 04:38:31 PM

TJW

jon p

WOW--fantastic examples of my favorite 2 zodiacs!!!! did BWG work on them? they are stunning.i am a big fan of the white dials,my 2 like these are black dials. i think the white dials are easier to read for my tired ole eyes.

TJW

Thanks Jon P.  Yes, BWG did work on them, the GMT was good cosmetically but needed $225 worth of movement work.  He also removed a few little fly specks on the dial I needed my magnifying glass to see!  His attention to detail is incredible.  The Jet was my first Zodiac.  It is in incredible shape; it must have sat in a drawer the last 40 years or so. 
It's funny you mention the white dials, I look at nice black dial examples and say to myself, "Man, wouldn't those be nice to have!"  Well, I guess you really can't buy them all. :(    TJW

jon p

;D my gmt had the dreaded worn offset canon pinion---wouldnt keep time at all, a local watchmaker worked on it but didnt know how to fix it! BWG DID and he brought it back from the dead. my gmt has the same metal bezel but skinny pointed hands and a red arrow tip gmt hand.  JON

Butch

NICE examples TJ! And who says you can't buy them all? Or at least, that is what my wife complains about anyway...
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

TJW

Butch,   Our wives should start a support group.  My wife took matters into her own hands when my white-dial SW got back from BWG, she said, "Oh, that's pretty" and now it's her daily wearer.  She says I now have an unhealthy fixation with her left wrist because I'm always looking at it with lusty eyes.  Oh well....TJW

TJW

Jon P,   I love those red arrow hand GMTs.  Was that the first version GMT?  They have a great "dressy" look to them.   TJW

jon p

TJW--butch told me the red arrow tip and skinny hands was EARLY 60s, stubby square tip hands came later along with wide plastic insert bezel, mine has the old metal bezel like my 60s SW. by the way, if you have one with a loose bezel get it to BWG asap, i dont know exactly how he does it but he really tightened mine up. i wont wear my SW til i get it to him cause the bezel is REAL LOOSE  and i sure dont want to loose it since we all know how hard they are to find!!   jon

TJW

Jon,  Thanks for the info. Long live the GMT!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign