News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

i just won bid on this SW

Started by jon p, July 27, 2010, 09:50:00 AM

jon p

;D guys, please take a look at my NEW SW, ebay##220640272279!!! pictures are not the best but it looks real good,and info from seller helped me make my decesion to pay $140.00 for it. every thing seems right, clean dial, correct hands signed crown and nice bezel which clicks as it should.date changes at 12 and seller says it runs good. i am waiting for it to arrive now, i hope it is the push to set date movement. i have been looking for a white dial with date as a companion to my black dial SW but prices were too high. i feel that the price was reasonable compared to what was out there. i dont think the white dial demand the same prices as black one do. i wish it had the original bracelet but ....... i have a stainless aftermarket bracelet ordered for it as i am not a fan of the rubber straps. any comments out there? when i receive it i will report more. i WAS impressed by the complete lume in the hands,so many i looked ar had part or all missing. the seller said the dial is very clean with good color, this we will see when it gets here. i am excited about it, hope it was a good buy and runs well. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!?

Butch

Nice buy at a fair price Jon. I wish these sellers would learn to turn on the Macro for their close ups.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

thanks butch! i feel pretty good about this one,looking forward to seeing it,i am hoping for the best. some sellers just dont do good on the photos and this was a good example. i asked for better pics but what he posted was it.  JON

jon p

:( :'( well,it just arrived,and i must say it has to be the most NASTY/DIRTY watch i have ever bought!! seller said it was running--i guess all he did was watch the second hand because that is ALL that runs!! just my luck BUT the watch is in VERY decent condition overall once i took 2 hours to clean the HARD BLACK CRUD off of it!!!i didnt try to remove the back, i will let butches watch guy have the pleasure. it runs but the min/hr hands dont move unless you pull the crown out and move them around. the date is not the push to quick set,it is 9 to 12 type. the bezel is in remarkable condition, gray plastic insert is 100% fine and no brassing around the outside edge. dial is perfect as are the hands. the date changes at 12. at least i still will have a nice SW when BWG finishes with it,i will just have to invest some more money but from what i am seeing price wise i STILL will come out pretty fair.  nuf said, just wanted to vent a little with people i know will understand!!   JON

Butch

Remember to leave honest, candid feedback! Still sounds like you got a fair deal though given the condition.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

i left candid feedback, i still will end up  with a nice SW after it is fixed  at a decent outlay of total cash. the way it is acting i figure it is the canon pinion not driving the hands.wow, the second hand works good and it has the correct time TWICE a day!!  LOL,  JON

TJW

Cograts Jon P.  Your purchase sounds exactly like the one I bought this spring, only with a metal bezel; it also needed a new canon pinion and a good cleaning.  It looked like a different watch after BWG got done with it. It's also the one I was wearing when I fell into one of Minnesota's beautiful 10,000 lakes earlier this month.  I got the back off and it dried out but isn't working now, so off to BWG when he gets back.  Those white-dial SW's are are beautiful when cleaned up but they ain't kidding when they say to not get them wet!   Regards,  TJW

jon p

oops,dont fall in the lake with a vintage SW on!! sounds like my luck. were the hands not moving on yours?  i have 2 SW to go to BWG as soon as he gets back on aug 5th,i also have a 1968 black dial SW i bought new and it is past time for a tuneup and polish.it is still running good but i dont wear it now due to the metal bezel being  so   loose            so loose i am afraid of loosing it. BWG can work wonders tightening them up,i am not sure how he does it but it worked on my GMT metal bezel. thanks for the input, i cant wait to get both back and looking good. i figure even if i have to spend 100.00 on the white dial i will still have a fine on for 250.00 and at least i will know whats been done to it.

TJW

Yeah, the real world is hazardous for vintage watches, especially when I'm wearing them. ::)  The worst part is it's my wife's watch...she was not pleased!  She's been wearing my mint!!! black dial SW as a temporary( I hope) replacement until I get hers fixed, so I am very much looking forward to BWG getting back from his trip(I hope he'll be well rested!)     Also, Jon P, the drive wheel was an issue when I first got the watch i.e. there wasn't much resistance or friction when I would pull out the crown and set the time.  BWG said the canon pinion was bad so he replaced it, however due to my graceful water entry none of the hands are moving now.  I guess it's the old keep 'em in a drawer or wear 'em question...I wonder if the watches could talk which do you think they would prefer?  I'm guessing maybe the occasional outing in a dry environment.  :)        Regards    TJW

jon p

;D i feel your pain! i have a couple of seiko divers i always wear when i am planning on being around water! it is too bad the old SWs just cant do their intended duty anymore, i used to swim in my black dial one when it was new all the time. my white dial runs for days when i wind it but no movement except for the second hand. BWG is really going to be backed up when he gets back-i am mailing my two watches to him next week. it WILL be worth the wait. i wish my wife would wear some of my sport watches but she loves the little dainty girlie watches,i got her a couple of old small zodiacs that she likes. there are a couple of 90s ladies SWs NOS on the bay now at $30.00.  take care and h i hope you get your SW running again!   JON

davec

Hey Jon,

You might have to put in a few bucks into her but think how great that baby will look after servicing/cleaning.  Price wasn't bad considering how good the bezel/dial look.

jon p

davec, you are right, it will be worth the investment because i have a good basis to start with and i love bringing them back to life.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign