News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Dating the Super Sea Wolf

Started by dbluefish, August 03, 2010, 04:18:31 PM

dbluefish

I just worked a trade and now have the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf.  It is difficult finding a way to date it.  In one post here it says the earlier model has yellowish surround with yellowish lume on the markers on the dial.  Then it says the later model has more of an orange/red surround with greenish lume.  Well mine has the orage/redish surround with the yellowish lume and the oyster style bracelet.

So, can anyone help in a rough idea of the time period for this watch?

Thanks

paul

Butch

Given the fading I am not sure you can go by that. In the 1990's they offered two, one orange and one yellow, markers around the lum. Then in 2000 Genender gave it a face lift by changing the band and only offered the red. Yours is fromthe 90's.

Model numbers were:
Yellow   506.54.43
Orange (or red depending on your perspective)   506.54.44

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dbluefish

Thanks Butch.  My numbers are my numbers 506.54.44 so I was right this is from sometime in the '90's.

Thanks

paul

jon p

dawej

Quote from: Butch on August 03, 2010, 05:46:57 PM
Given the fading I am not sure you can go by that. In the 1990's they offered two, one orange and one yellow, markers around the lum. Then in 2000 Genender gave it a face lift by changing the band and only offered the red. Yours is fromthe 90's.

Model numbers were:
Yellow   506.54.43
Orange (or red depending on your perspective)   506.54.44
A little bump here but I just wanted to clarify this. Is it correct to say there are three different versions of this SSW?

90s:
Yellow     506.54.43
Orange   506.54.44
(both with presidents style bracelet)

Genender :
Red     506.54.44 (with oyster style bracelet)

Butch

Keep reading the forums. There were two versions, one in yellow and one in orange, in the 90's. All were made between 1990 and 1997 (with your band that is). Sea Wolf has one of the 2000 Genender models which has a different band.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dawej

Quote from: Butch on March 27, 2011, 12:42:51 PM
Keep reading the forums. There were two versions, one in yellow and one in orange, in the 90's. All were made between 1990 and 1997 (with your band that is). Sea Wolf has one of the 2000 Genender models which has a different band.
OK, not sure I got that. Could you please explain a little further?
Thanks

Sea Wolf

90s: Had 2 versions
Yellow     506.54.43
Orange   506.54.44
(both with presidents style bracelet)

Genender : Year 2000 - 1 version
Red     506.54.44 (with oyster style bracelet)

I have the Genender 2000 SSW version that came with the oyster style bracelet.  I liked the 90's version band
better, so over time have been able to buy the band and get a link here and there.  Butch recently donated a
link to me and this band is almost completed.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign