News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

A “hello” and my first Zodiac

Started by DaveT, August 13, 2010, 05:27:43 PM

DaveT

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself; my name is Dave and I live in New Jersey.  I started visiting this site a few weeks ago when I began my quest to finally track down a Zodiac Red Point Chrono.

I don't remember when I first saw the watch but it was many years ago and it was love at first sight!  I probably should have jumped on one years ago but I never did so when I started looking recently I was very aware that they were getting hard to find and also that the price had gone way up!

I found one last month on the popular auction site but decided to pass as it was a international deal from someone I didn't know and who did not offer a return policy.  I was a bit frustrated and then a fellow WIS (thanks again John – JDS Ohio) who knew I was looking notified me that another popped up that was CONUS. 

The pictures posted in the listing were pretty bad but the price was right, I submitted my "max bid' and watched as the auction ticked down.  To my surprise there wasn't any last minute activity and I ended up with the winning bid and picked it up for half of what I expected to pay.  I was still worried about the condition and figured I would end up with a restoration project  :)

The watch arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised!! After a good cleaning and crystal polishing here is my "new to me" Red Point Chrono

The bracelet is in very good shape with just a bit of stretch, a few small scuffs on the bezel but nothing deep, and the crystal is fine.  After a few hours of running it seems to be pretty accurate, the chrono works as it should and all hands reset.

I appreciate all the info I was able to get from this site, thank you very much.

Needless to say I am very happy, I really got lucky with this one!

All the best

Dave

Sea Wolf

Great watch and welcome to the zforums!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

;D you found a good one there!! bezel is REALLY nice, so many you see have a beat up bezel and inserts are impossible to find. fantastic find especially with the original bracelet. take good care of it as cronos are really expensive to clean/repair!! i own a late 50s 3 register wakmann  crono that is working fine, i hope it never breaks cause i cant afford the 174. to 300. to repair it ! welcome to the best watch forum on the web,it is always nice to get new members. JON

Marrick

Great looking watch in fabulous condition. Its always nice when it works out. :)

TJW

Very nice chrono.  I like the legible markers and hands. Sometimes those chronos weren't designed to really be tools, yours would be readable in all sorts of light conditions.  Welcome and congrats on a great "get".   TJW

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign