News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Now THIS is funny!

Started by Butch, September 05, 2010, 07:44:42 PM

Butch

See auction 230522305929. Not only is the dial redone, but in a color never used by Zodiac for this model! Speaking of the model, the redialer has mixed up two models make this redial. The 24 Hr. Jet Aeronaut and the GMT Aerospace. The fonts are almost good. Also note that due to the trapazoid date window and the 24 hour hand that this was a very early model GMT, 1963ish, but that the movement is a much later caliber 75.

I am very surprised, this seller is usually very forthcoming on what has been restored or redialed.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

TJW

I've noticed this seller manages to re-plate quite a few of the GMT and Sea wolf bezels they sell.  I guess that's some sort of accomplishment; not my cup of tea though.    TJW

Butch

I used to do a lot of the replating and finally stopped. Just was not worth all the efforts involved.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:( another redial!! dont they look at the original before they do it?! my original GMT has the skinny hands plus arrow tip gmt hand but does not have the trapazoid date window. it has the same early metal bezel. all the bezel replates are too shiny, wonder why they cant do the original dull plating? on this one the numbers need to be filled in with black.i have figured out an easy way to do the black--i just use a fine point sharpie marker. works good and a lot easier than trying to use paint. try it, you will like it.  JON P

Ultra-Vintage

Wow, that is goofy looking! :o  They have managed to make a vintage Zodiac dial look like something from a modern Fossil.  Some of the weirdest looking put-together or rehashed watches seem to come out of Asia, I guess that is what they like there.......but not what knowledgeable collectors want here  >:(

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign