News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

An update(bragging, lol) on my SSW

Started by dbluefish, October 18, 2010, 08:17:12 PM

dbluefish

Well I have had this for a while and have worn it a lot and it seems to run +3 - +6 seconds in 24hours.  And this is before sending it to BWG!

Of course I had to open it up(please excuse if this is a repeat)as it will never see water but i was curious as to the movement.  I circled the movement info: 2824-2 53X(?)ETA.  It is a rather plain, simple movement but hard to argue with accuracy.

On the inside of the caseback cover there are these letters and numbers:

72010HJD as far as i could tell.  Maybe the last person who touched the insides?

And the back:
506 50 00 (hard to tell if the latter are zeros or not)

And then the lume:  At the bottom of the dial is T Swiss Made T which, as i understand it, is the least radioactive of the tritrium lumes and thus should not need light and when I left it in the dark for a day or so, it still glowed at night as well as when I excited it with UV light.  BTW, I was not aware that Tritrium would light up under UV even though it was not necessary for a good glow.  It was impiossible to get the colors but the surround of the indices on the dial glow orange, inside them glow green and the little dive indicators orange while the lume on the bezel is bright green.

So that's it.  I great watch with some rather unique aspects and it wears damn near as well or better than all my watches except maybe the Doxa.

paul

jon p

PAUL--very interesting post and great photos of a fantastic SSW. i have a 90s sea wolf with the same movement, you are correct--plain BUT accurate. i really enjoyed you pics with different lighting.  JON P

Sea Wolf

Well dang, I wanted to show my wife these photos this morning and they are gone.
dbluefish, we now have a nice (+Attachments and other options) right under the window you type in.
Makes it easier to attach photos to our server here.  Then you don't have to worry about photobucket limitations.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign