News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

One Band Kindda Watch

Started by zaniac, November 04, 2010, 02:52:57 PM

zaniac

I've only seen the Astro II with the metal bands which are pretty hard to find since the center link is stationary on the case.
But look at this one with the Zodiac leather band. Especially the 3rd pic. It's like the band is sandwiched between the case :o
Try taking this one to Walmart and say, "I need a new band installed."
Chris

Butch

I have a NOS band like that in the drawer. I prefer the metal, but is basically looks and installs the same way.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:P :-[ :-[ :-[ i guess this a dumb question, but how did the watch seal up with this set up? was there another waterproof back on the case and the band was just a circle that the back and held on by the caseback. looks like a very complicated way to attach a band!!!!! :-\ :-\

Butch

It was a 70's THANG man!

I thought I had a pic but I guess not. Like the bezel on the front of a SW, this case back had a screw on ring on the back. You unscrewed it, laid your leather or metal band in place, and then screwed the ring back onto the back.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

I really like the Astro II's.  I bid on that auction, but I am wayyyyyy too cheap to have ended up with it. Lol

I have that same exact watch, but mine is in blue on the original blue leather band.  It was actually the first Astrographic I ever bought, came up with it at a dealer show for cheap early on in my collection. 

It is in excellent condition overall but I am really careful with that band when I wear it because I wouldn't want to have to try and replace it.  Cool looking design I think, and like Butch said, very 70's!  :)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign