News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

It's a Zodiac?

Started by Jean de Ibelin, December 05, 2010, 01:02:44 PM

Jean de Ibelin

Dear Butch and all. I saw this watch for sale in http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-161875632-relogio-de-pulso-zodiac-a-corda-antigo-oportunidade-_JM (that's a site for general sale in Brazil, where I live). The price in US Dollars it's 500.00 (five-hundred dollars). It appears to be the real thing? The price is good? What's you guys oppinion? By the way, Butch, congratulations for your Vintage Zodiacs site. It's excellent!  Thanks.

Butch

Could be! The dial had been redone. What about the movement?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Jean de Ibelin

Hi Butch. Thanks for your reply!  It's a chord watch, according to the online salesman. What do you think about that hand with a termination in "U"? An effect of a bad redone  or could be original?  I don't saw that in pictures of the specific model in your website. The hands generally  have an arrow point or nothing, if I'm not wrong.

Butch

Good question! Take a look here: http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/MoonandCalendars.php

I looked in 6 or 7 old catalogs and everyone one I saw always had a pointed hand.

"It's a chord watch, according to the online salesman." Huh? If that is a Zodiac 3DMP the movement will be marked Zodiac. Or Clebar on a bad day. <sick grin> They did use parts from their Clebar line to finish a production run on occasion.

Jean de Ibelin

Thanks, Butch!  I'll investigate more deeply. 

Jean de Ibelin

Hello, Butch.  I contact the owner and he shows the movement (You can see above).  Sorry if I was misunderstand about the machine at the previous reply. I used a expression who I have in the Brazilian Portuguese ("chord watch" - "relógio à corda") and maybe (or certainly) not in American English.  A correction: It's a mechanical (non automatic) watch.  As I can see, It's the real thing.  What's your opinion?

Butch

OK! Looks like an original Zodiac that the dial has been redone and the date hand was replaced. This would be a nice addition if it were not too expensive. Were I to buy it (and I would not) I would not pay more than $250-300 for it.

Jean de Ibelin

I agree with you. Well, I'll try an offer.  Thanks for your expertise!

jon p

??? the day/date wheels look to be in poor condition, they should have redone them when the redial was done.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign