News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

What are you wearing today?

Started by dawej, December 15, 2010, 06:53:15 PM

jon p

:agreei LONG----good choice, i have always liked this one!! it reminds me of some of the rolex models.

Butch

Intervention time Guys!!     :yeller

Friends don't let friends wear quartz watches.
;)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: Butch on October 10, 2011, 07:51:53 AM

;)

Ah-HAH!  So did one of you guys have something to do with the disappearance of my Sea Wolf II chronograph? :-\  And here I was blaming it on my wife, who tends to put various things "away", after which no one sees them again, for at least a decade. :shuc
John

reydelaplaya

Quote from: Butch on October 10, 2011, 07:51:53 AM

;)

Quote from: Butch on September 13, 2009, 05:24:21 PM
[Butch's Response To Compliments About His Glorious In - 'A Sea Wolf is a nice watch BUT...']
My son teases me when I wear it, but then I just tell him he all his taste is in his mouth as all he wears is KORTZ. He's not into OLD stuff like the OLD man is.

What about their children, Butch? LOL

Ultra-Vintage

Finished this one up recently, and wore it for the first time today: Direct-Read Astrographic with constant seconds.  I have never seen another one in person before, like that it has the direct read hours and minutes in the center along with the "floating" hands.  The constant seconds always gives you something to look at anyways lol.  It may be hard to see in the pic, but it has the hours in the small window near the center, and the minutes in the small window below it.  Each of the windows (and the seconds window as well) has a small arrow mark in the center of it to tell exactly what the time is.  It is on a black genuine crocodile band with gold Zodiac buckle.

jon p

:ur  UV--all i can say is double WOW!! i have NEVER seen one of these before and yours looks factory fresh. what was it like before you restored it? it is a VERY busy dial for sure, always something going on. very nice!!!!

orangecorallimorph

UV;
That is seriously nice man, I really dig that gold signed buckle. The Astrographic models are so freakin' cool lookin' to begin w/ and that one is topnotch! I have included pics of my Astro II. Rumored when bought to have laid in a drawer for 30 or so years. It was near NOS when I bought it but I put a few teeny tiny marks on it!
:shuc but what the H,why have 'em if you don't wear 'em.
P.S. Of all my watches this one ALWAYS gets noticed and complimented!
I LOVE IT!-OC

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: jon p on November 03, 2011, 08:57:35 AM
:ur  UV--all i can say is double WOW!! i have NEVER seen one of these before and yours looks factory fresh. what was it like before you restored it? it is a VERY busy dial for sure, always something going on. very nice!!!!

Thanks.  Overall the watch is nearly mint, even the case is super nice (which is really saying something for the gold filled astro cases like this one).  All that has been done to it is a service.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: orangecorallimorph on November 03, 2011, 03:06:15 PM
UV;
That is seriously nice man, I really dig that gold signed buckle. The Astrographic models are so freakin' cool lookin' to begin w/ and that one is topnotch! I have included pics of my Astro II. Rumored when bought to have laid in a drawer for 30 or so years. It was near NOS when I bought it but I put a few teeny tiny marks on it!
:shuc but what the H,why have 'em if you don't wear 'em.
P.S. Of all my watches this one ALWAYS gets noticed and complimented!
I LOVE IT!-OC

I really like your gold Astro II, that one looks super nice.  You can see my blue Astro II in my avatar, it has the original integrated Zodiac leather band and Zodiac buckle on it.

LexLoci

What type/brand/size of bezel is on this one? Love the red/blue bezel!!! Very cool. Its not original, right?

jon p

lexi--yes, this model came with this bezel.

chris76

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

orangecorallimorph

Always love the Zodiac SSW Chrono! Here is my offering today.... I know feathers will fly and noses will go up but...oh yeah and I'm posting this on the wrong site...but here goes! Casio DW-400. A really cool nice replacement for the one that I bought in early 90's and WORE OUT!
Keepin it real-OC

rhsnyc

you guys are awesome! Keep them coming!

Butch

OK, I know I am gonna get a ration of shit for this but, here is the wife's Christmas present to me. Needless to say, I have been wearing it a lot.

There SW, just for you man, some skin.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on January 16, 2012, 08:48:50 PM
OK, I know I am gonna get a ration of shit for this but, here is the wife's Christmas present to me. Needless to say, I have been wearing it a lot.

There SW, just for you man, some skin.

Very Nice!   ;D

jon p

:ur :wehe   DAYUM----what a beautiful rolex! hell ,i would be wearing it a LOT too!!! great wife, did she pick it out or did you help?

Butch

Of course! We have a deal, I pick out the watches, she picks out the necklaces.

;)

Spike

dmh

OK, I'll play.
I usually wear 2 watches. One on each wrist. That gives me an excuse to buy twice as many.
Today on the right is this small one. Those are not spots on the dial, just effects of my picture taking ability. If this one was for sale, I assure you I would have a better picture.

I think the expansion band is my favorite thing about this watch. I just love those little designs on it.Reminds me of something, but I can't remember what.

On the left today is this Sea Wolf with NOS dial and bezel on one of my brown leather NATO's. Hands were old but relumed.

As always, any and all comments are welcomed.
Best,
dmh

orangecorallimorph

Keeping with the topic of this website; here is my offering today, albeit a not very often viewed watch it remains nonethelesss  a ZODIAC.....sorry for the smudges, nearly impossible to photograph well, presenting every mans Disco Dream Watch.....

Butch

Very nice! Unfortunately I remember buying those when they actually came out. That and the 3 piece suit with the platform shoes....

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: orangecorallimorph on January 18, 2012, 03:40:19 PM
Keeping with the topic of this website; here is my offering today, albeit a not very often viewed watch it remains nonethelesss  a ZODIAC.....sorry for the smudges, nearly impossible to photograph well, presenting every mans Disco Dream Watch.....

Very unique.  So rare to see one of those working!  Nice one  8)

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on January 18, 2012, 04:19:39 PM
Very nice! Unfortunately I remember buying those when they actually came out. That and the 3 piece suit with the platform shoes....

That might be interesting to see................... ;)

orangecorallimorph

Thanks guys for showing your appreciation of my DIGITAL MASTERPIECE! The only thing that it is missing to go along with time/ date/ seconds is a fourth function that flashes;
" BABY WHATS YOUR SIGN "?
Keepin' it real-OC

dawej

After some ebay-lurking on 19mm Zodiac bracelets I finally found one!

LOVE it! I've looked through most catalogs and I've seen this bracelet on a couple of other models, but not sure I've seen it this particularly one. Was this ever released with my SSW model?

zaniac

I've never actually seen that exact style with the grooves on the small links on a SSW. The ones I've seen of that style either had the small links painted black or were a brushed stainless. I have a SSW like yours except with the day/date and the band is the black painted version. I have a couple bands with the grooves or the painted/brushed links and the ones with the grooves seem lighter in weight. Like something that is solid on the painted/brushed ones are hollow on the grooved ones.
Anyway, my opinion would be that if it's 19mm with curved end pieces and it's a JB Champion Made in the USA with the Zodiac logo on the clasp, no one could PROVE it to be incorrect. That could be a loaded statement, but JMHO. And with Butch pointing out that salesman would put almost any band on you wanted, the whole correct band thing is pretty subjective up to a point.
Enjoy, it looks great 8)
Chris

Butch

I agree with Zaniac, as long as it is marked JB Champion and has the Zodiac claps, who can argue with you? I won't.

Scorpio55

:wehe This be what I wearing 2day.
Read you 5 X 5.

Sea Wolf

Zodiac Gold Point Chrono with leather band.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Sea Wolf on April 26, 2012, 11:35:38 AM

Ummmmm, I think there might be something missing.....

Ultra-Vintage

1970's Seawolf with Blue "Shovel-Hand" dial, and Blue and White "Racing" bezel, on an black genuine ostrich band with contrasting white stitching and stainless Zodiac buckle

Sea Wolf

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on April 26, 2012, 12:44:00 PM

I thought about putting an aquarium in the case as it is waterproof.  Can anything live inside of this watch case
Without being fed?  Serious answers only please.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Butch

Some days I just ant to kill this topic.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Sea Wolf on April 26, 2012, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on April 26, 2012, 12:44:00 PM

I thought about putting an aquarium in the case as it is waterproof.  Can anything live inside of this watch case
Without being fed?  Serious answers only please.

I am thinking that Seamonkeys are your best bet ;)

Butch

You win UV, yours are "living" and that is what he asked for. I was merely trying to be practical as nothing would live without care and feeding, so as this is a useless task anyway (filling his empty case or participating in this topic, take your pick), I was suggesting the sea shells. Good job sir.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on April 26, 2012, 02:29:45 PM
You win UV, yours are "living" and that is what he asked for. I was merely trying to be practical as nothing would live without care and feeding, so as this is a useless task anyway (filling his empty case or participating in this topic, take your pick), I was suggesting the sea shells. Good job sir.

:D

Sea Wolf

UV, that is a seriously good looking watch you have for me.
I just put the watch in the mail to receive the sea monkey treatment.

:ur

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Sea Wolf on April 26, 2012, 04:41:29 PM
UV, that is a seriously good looking watch you have for me.
I just put the watch in the mail to receive the sea monkey treatment.

:ur

We could start a new trend! ;D

Mr Rick

I just put my Chrono on mesh.  What do you think. :new

Butch

That is a nice looking chrono.

jon p

:welc :ur   rick, that is really sharp, i am a fan of the mesh bracelets. realy looks good on that beautiul crono!

Dutchsiberia

Not my seawolf, but another watch that got wet and got thrown in a drawer for many years until the owner decided to sell it.
I managed to get the movement running smooth again, the dial has "some wabi"  :-X

My 60's aquastar :)

About the transition  waterproof-waterresistant, I believe it was in the beginning of the seventies when the transition was. Very helpful dating other watches I collect (Seiko) They changed to waterresistant in the end of 1970.

L. Ocle

Hi, Dutchsiberia

This is not exactly an Aquastar, but a Duward-Aquastar... that is not the same that a Duward, Aquastar model...  Could write a lot about the short-lived relationship between Aquastar and Spanish watchmaker Duward, plus the profit this second one made about it marking lots of later models as Aquastar when no further relationship was held or Aquastar movements used.

A sought-after piece between Spanish collectors, this yours...

Quote from: Dutchsiberia on June 26, 2012, 03:43:45 PM
Not my seawolf, but another watch that got wet and got thrown in a drawer for many years until the owner decided to sell it.
I managed to get the movement running smooth again, the dial has "some wabi"  :-X

My 60's aquastar :)

About the transition  waterproof-waterresistant, I believe it was in the beginning of the seventies when the transition was. Very helpful dating other watches I collect (Seiko) They changed to waterresistant in the end of 1970.

L. Ocle

BTW, that is what I'm wearing today, a non-Zodiac day.

A Aero Watch Neuchatel vintage chrono. I don't use modern watches; to know time I got the phone... ;D

rplace

Sorry, not vintage and not Zodiac...this will have to do while I wait for my two Seawolfs to arrive. I can't wait. Hopefully one will be here on Friday or it will be a long weekend.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: rplace on June 27, 2012, 10:57:06 AM
Sorry, not vintage and not Zodiac...this will have to do while I wait for my two Seawolfs to arrive. I can't wait. Hopefully one will be here on Friday or it will be a long weekend.

That is a pretty serious dive watch!  Nice one  8)

rplace

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on June 27, 2012, 10:45:20 PM

That is a pretty serious dive watch!  Nice one  8)

Thanks it was my first "real" watch. I took it sailing and flipped my boat way further out than I should have been. I fell right though the sail and ripped it. First thing I did when I popped up out of the water was grab my wrist to make sure it was there. I mean who cares about the boat, right, make sure the watch is safe! I managed to right the boat and limp back to shore after about 45 minutes.

smithrjd

This week is the Sea Wolf week. Silver dial yellow/black racing bezel. Bought by me in '72. Serviced by BWG and looking and running great.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign