News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Why is it?

Started by Butch, January 19, 2011, 07:48:43 AM

Butch

This auction is by one of the guys that writes the Complete Price Guide To Watches. I have several of these books from 98 to 2003. I quit buying them as their values were always too low for Zodiacs so of no use to me.

So why is it that every time he has a Zodiac to sell it is worth a lot of money? Even with a scratched crystal that is all but impossible to get? And not recently serviced?

"Made with space travel in mind..."    ???  ::)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

I saw that one too.  And ohhhh, the stories that I could tell you about that guy. 

I love the "rating guide" they have on their auctions, as if trying to make the act of overcharging you for a watch seem justified because they have made up a way to describe watches that seems pseudo-scientific lol.

I totally agree with you about the books, pretty much useless in regards to values.  They always price higher than those values when they are selling, and use those values and lower when they are buying.

Space Travel lol

jon p

:o these price guide are a lot of worthless info from my experience. an item is ONLY worth what someone is willing to pay for it!! i hate to admit it BUT e-bay IS a real time view of what anything is worth, as frustating as it may be. i have a collector friend who swears by these price guides but then cant figure out why something he has wont bring the price.

Butch

He's at it again! 230589044103

$200 for a GOLD PLATED lady's watch? Did I miss something? Were there ladies models in the book?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign