News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac GMT?

Started by longview65, January 19, 2011, 01:29:06 PM

longview65

I am the proud owner of this beautiful Zodiac GMT 200M professional and it was NOS when I purchased it a few years ago.
I paid a whopping $390.00 at the time for it which I thought was a LOT but I had to have it as I had been searching a long time for one!  (this one is the 36mm MID size model)
I later discovered that this very same watch retailed for appx: 1200.00 in the 90s.   
What I would like to know is this............  WHY so much money for a QUARTZ watch way back then?? 
I do know that when Zodiac sold out to Fossil these watches (according to Butch) could be had for a mere 99.00 at local outlet/supply stores. 
I have been collecting watches now for some 20 years and have always considered this particular watch to be rare/scarce but according to Butch.......  this is not the case!??   In the past 5 years I have only seen 4 of these watches (FULL sized only) available for sale on either the various Forums or on the "Bay" but have NEVER seen a MID size like mine up for grabs!
Soooooooooooooooo  what if anything can anyone tell me about this watch??
TIA

Sea Wolf

I like that watch a lot and wish they had done an auto version.

All I can tell you about it, is what the catalog says:

"The ideal professional sports watch for great travellers.  The second hour hand enables user to see the time in a
second time zone.  Stainless steel case.  Turning bezel and 24 hour hand indicating the time in a second time zone. 
Screw-in crown.  Quartz movement.  Mineral glass with loupe.  Steel bracelet.  Available in two sizes."
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

longview65

Thanks for the response! 
All I know too about them is that they had an ETA movement, had the same band as those of a Rolex GMT and retailed for around the 1200.00 mark in the 60s and came in 2 sized models....  mid size such as mine and the full sized.
I find little or nothing else about them on the NET other then that!
They were either not a popular selling item or they were made in VERY limited quantities.   I see Zodiac GMT Aerospace models listed for sale all the time but rarely this particular model!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign