News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Before BWG

Started by Sea Wolf, January 22, 2011, 11:41:25 AM

Sea Wolf

Just sent this lady's Sea Wolf off to BWG.  Here is the before photo.  It has the original Zodiac champion band on it.
The bezel is a little loose and will get a complete service. 

I have seen photos of this before on this site in print ads,but never seen another online. 
I was lucky enough to buy this a few years ago on ebay and just now getting around
to having it serviced so my wife can wear it.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

sea wolf--wow,that looks great!!a minature sea wolf, wish my wife would wear one, but she likes dainty watches with diamonds!! go figure, her favorite is her gold/ss datejust rolex with gold dial and diamond markers. i have the same one in the mans, when we get duded up to go out we wear the matching pair.  i have never have seen the ladies sea wolf, is the dial original--i  noticed the 3 and 9 are at a different angle than the mens version? i think the ladies is rare. SWEET, what does the case measure and what lug size is the bracelet?

Sea Wolf

I never noticed the 6 and 9 before, wow good catch, could be something more to look into.

I'll measure when I get it back from BWG.  You are right the 6 & 9 both look like a 6  :o
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

jon p

never seeing this model before i am just wondering about the 3 and 9, on my mens version the numbers stand up, not lying on their side. if it is a redial it is a fantastic one!! let us know when it comes back from BWG.

Butch

That is the original dial. A lack of real estate caused Zodiac to have to paint the 3 & 9 sideways on the Lady Sea Wolf. Have a look at this picture from the 1966 Zodiac Catalog.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Very cool addition to the collection!  Especially nice in that I am sure it is pretty rare (Butch would know for sure, more than I), as I have seen very few ladies Seawolfs of any model over my time of collecting.

Butch

Yeah, but it is still a girl's watch.  ;)

Fortunately for him, he has one that will wear it!!! On the other hand, my wife said that if I brought her one more watch she would hit me with it.   :(
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:P :P :P  BUTCH----i feel your pain brother, my wife is the same way!!" why do i need more than one watch?!" thanks for the info on sea wolfs numbers.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on January 23, 2011, 01:04:02 PM
Fortunately for him, he has one that will wear it!!! On the other hand, my wife said that if I brought her one more watch she would hit me with it.   :(

That is a story I have heard many times, for some reason women are not into watches in comparison to other jewelry (the majority of women I should say).  On more than one occassion I have had a customer's wife/girlfriend come to me and say:

"Yeah, he bought me this watch for Christmas/Birthday/Valentines and I am not sure why as I already have a watch.  It is nice and all, buuuuuuuuuutttttttttt what kind of rings do you have that I can trade it for instead!"

No appreciation for the finer aspects of a quality timepiece at all!  ;)

Sea Wolf

You could probably write a book on "The Psychology of Women and their Watches".

My wife likes her watch collection, and has many Zodiacs.  She grabs the quartz zodiacs for work and when we go out,
she will yell, grab my vintage black face and set it, or get my blue face disco ready for tonight.

She will not set the time on the autos, that I guess is my job  :-\

I also have to organize her watches in the nice case BWG got me.  She will just lay them on top of the cushions, so every other
night I'll open up the case and put them back on the watch pillows  ::)
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign