News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Dial "Seawolf"

Started by trader61, March 07, 2011, 06:14:14 PM

trader61

trader61

sorry...

Hello,
I am a new member . I have a  a question :
the dial of this zodiac "Seawolf" is  original or fake?
Thanks
Massimo

davec

Butch

Some watchmaker in the past sent that dial out to be redone, called a redial. Not fake, just redone.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

trader61

jon p

:o  a very poor redial, i may add!! lowers the value by a LOT. the small numbers are a dead giveaway, plus wrong font and sea wolf script missing.  DONT pay a bunch cause it is NOT worth much.

JDS (Ohio)

Out of curiousity, has anyone EVER seen a good redial on a 20 ATM Sea Wolf like that?
John

jon p

:'( :'( :'( now that you mention it--NO!! there may be some out there but i never have seen any. i have seen some that were CLOSE. usually the first problem is the size of the numbers in the triangles--always TOO SMALL. i always say, if you are not going to do it correct, dont do it at ALL!!

YuriyV

Quote from: JDS (Ohio) on March 09, 2011, 09:03:15 PM
Out of curiousity, has anyone EVER seen a good redial on a 20 ATM Sea Wolf like that?
LOL it is like a counterfeit banknotes. If they made right, they treated as originals.  :lafing

Butch

Actually, BWG now has a guy that makes the best redials I have ever seen.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

incountry

Here's a picture of my two tone Sea Wolf after it was serviced, cleaned and re-lumed at BWG's shop.  I know it's not the same extent as a total redial but you can see the quality and detail in the finished product.  I think it is an excellent example.
:BGW:

jon p

:woohoo; :#Clapping :secrethand that is outstanding, it really pops. I love the white dials. a beautiful partial redial, the smaller numbers are the give away, don't quite fill the triangle as factory numbers do. I would be 100% HAPPY with that 2 tone!! congrats, don't be afraid to WEAR IT. :twothumbsup :sm3

incountry

Thanks Jon!  That one does get lots of wrist time.   :shakinghands

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign