News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Butch's Watch Guy

Started by Sea Wolf, March 11, 2011, 11:25:42 AM

Sea Wolf

For those that have not experienced Butch's watch guy service, attached are photos of what I received yesterday
in the mail.  This is always how he packages your watches on the return trip.  Thought I would share how it looks.

I had my SSW serviced for the first time and he re-lumed the bezel, just look at it ;D

Next we have my Chrono that I bought from BWG, I had scratched the crystal and wanted to put on this band I purchased,
but the end pieces were too large.

The white dial SW was non working and in terrible shape.  I found a NOS dial and sent as is to BWG.  Came back looking so nice.
The only issue with the watch is the bezel has a few marks.

Last we have a lady SW.  Had never been serviced and I swear it looks as though it was never worn.  Has original signed band too.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

Nice !!!

Hmmm, wonder is we should start referring to them as the VZWG's?

;)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Sharp looking watches! Nice  ;)

orangecorallimorph

I sure hope that our VZWG will always be able to provide us all wih service for many years to come. He is truly top-notch and such a pleasure to talk to. I am glad I stumbled upon him on my own as well as this site. I believe that what we are doing as collectors of vintage timepieces will pay dividends in the future. The watches that we keep serviced and restored will TRULY be a rarity in the not too distant future. I read that wristwatches are going to go the way of the 8-track in the future, because everyone has a clock on their cell/smartphone. I say to that.....humbug, not on my WATCH!! (pun intended)! Keep collecting and restoring, it is a pleasure while we're here, and someone in the future will also appreciate it!!!

jon p

8) we ARE lucky to have BWG to maintain our prized  watches, both zodiac AND others. your newest additions are fantastic, what a prized collection, congrats. i also have noticed the way BWG packs your returns, attention to detail as with the watches. i love the "x" on the end of the tape so you know where to start peeling! it appears these are packed by the man himself, not some dude in the "shipping dept"!!!i am proud for you, your new additions are a piece of zodiac history and you have perserved them, this is the way i also feel about this, bring one back from the dead to its original glory. i also collect other brands and restore them, well, BWG does! i am a big wakmann and vintage bulova fan along with some obscure brands such as vintage bel air. bwg just redid a late 50s bel air automatic divers watch for me.

Spike

Can Butch's watch guy make my Seawolfs TRULY water proof? Even if I have to have some after market parts, I'd REALLY like to have a couple of mine REALLY water proof. Possible?

jon p

:-\ :-\ :-\    from what i have seen and heard--the answer is probably a BIG NO. you can contact him and inquire to see what he says. every one on here stays away from water with any vintage zodiac. if i want to get a watch wet i pull out a modern seiko or luminox or sector dive watch. come on guys----whats everyones opinion on this topic!? with the increasing value of the zodiacs i just dont want to take a chance!!    JON P

jon p

8) 8) 8)   spike---to continue on the water resist. discussion, take a look at ebay##110664475180, photo of the back. this is exactly why they arent water resistant any more, groove and lip that fits in the groove arent new and smooth any longer, wont seal properly. probably washing hands etc ok but that is as far as i push my watches. my seiko orange monster is my swimming watch.

Mel

Hi John
Seeing as we are running with the orange theme, what IS your orange Seiko monster?
Cheers
Mel

jon p

mel--the seiko orange monster is a very large automatic 23 jewel 200m dive watch. there is also the black dial that is dubbed black monster. i cant download photos right now, check ebay, there are LOTS of them. mine was a fathers day gift from my wife 3-4 years ago. i picked it out, my wife is a sweetheart but cares nothing about watches!! i have bought her vintage zodiac womens watches over the years and her favorite is a quartz pulsar!! go figure, she supports my hobby at least.

ChrisG

A true master. Thanks for sharing

jon p

chris, thank YOU for the nice comment!!  jon p

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign