News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

eBay fees going up!

Started by Butch, March 15, 2011, 05:18:36 PM

Butch

This is a good news / bad news thing. Quoted from a recent eBay mailing to sellers:

Also, we know online buyers pay attention to shipping costs when deciding what and where to buy. That's why, to encourage low-cost shipping, Final Value Fees for all sellers will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping. Just keep your shipping costs low to get the lowest overall fees.

The good news: As buyers this will stop the asinine shipping rates we have been seeing where sellers were making up on to damn high eBay fees through higher shipping costs.

The bad news: As sellers we will be paying eBay even MORE money as they will now be putting their final valuation fee against the end of auction price PLUS the shipping costs.

I know, not exactly the forum for this, just freaking tired of eBay making so damn much money off me. And it makes me feel better.

<putting soapbox away>
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:P :P :P :P  AMEN BROTHER!!!!! that was a nice soap box you were on. this answerers my question about why  all of a sudden everyones offering free shipping.

Ultra-Vintage

And the raising of fees by Ebay is made even worse in that they double pump us now as it is since they own Paypal too, and they have pretty much forced all of the sellers to take Paypal or else.   >:(

Sea Wolf

I often receive money as a gift option so paypal gets $0.  I know you can not do that with ebay sales, but for other website sales you can still use that feature so long as both parties trust each other.  So far, no issues with doing it that way for me.

Another payment option needs to be created besides paypal.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Sea Wolf on March 15, 2011, 08:37:18 PM
I often receive money as a gift option so paypal gets $0.  I know you can not do that with ebay sales, but for other website sales you can still use that feature so long as both parties trust each other.  So far, no issues with doing it that way for me.

Doesnt the sender have to pay the fees for the receiver if you are using that option though?

Butch

But the only option that allows you to use eBay shipping is for Goods or an Auction.

Sea Wolf

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on March 15, 2011, 11:16:38 PM

Doesnt the sender have to pay the fees for the receiver if you are using that option though?

No fees on sender or receiver with the personal gift option.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Sea Wolf on March 16, 2011, 09:42:35 AM
Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on March 15, 2011, 11:16:38 PM

No fees on sender or receiver with the personal gift option.

I didnt know that.  For some reason I thought that when I did that before I had to pay the fees for the receiver.  Is that no-fee option only available when you have money sitting in your Paypal account?  Or can it draw from your bank?

Sea Wolf

I think the personal gift option works from bank draws too.

The only downside, is if you do not trust the person and the deal goes wrong, you have no recourse through personal gift option.

I normally try to avoid the gift option but some buyers want to use this to save $5.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Butch

Returning to the subject of eBay, I have a personal policy of leaving candid feedback. Get this. I buy a watch that the description said "needs a crystal". It shows up and there is NO crystal, and now the second hand is off , bent, and stuck to a piece of tape. Oh, I forgot, I paid almost $300 for this watch. So I leave them candid positive feedback. Here is the feedback they give me on that auction, in retaliation I presume. So all I can do is reply so that it is not misunderstood. And report this to eBay of course.

Seller leaves me this FB:
      Needs a crystal? The crystal is missing. Second hand now bent too *FEED BACK"WOW   

So I replied to it:
      I bought this watch from them and left that feedback on the transaction to them.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign