News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Leather Straps??

Started by longview65, April 25, 2011, 02:27:11 PM

longview65

Which leather straps if any came standard on the "Point" series Zodiacs?
TIA

Butch

Zodiacs, of varying colors. What is your model number?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

longview65

Serial number is:

longview65

Here is a pic of the watch in question.............
Would this one have come with a leather strap perhaps and if so.........  what kind and what color?

Butch

Here is a picture of that watch as it left the factory. I stand corrected; while some 1990's models did come on a leather band, per that catalog no Silver Point came on a leather band.

longview65

Mmmmmmmmm?????????  interesting!  Thank you for the reply!
I wonder why mine has such a different 12:00 triangle on the dial VS that of the one shown in your pic!
Mine also does not have any "Point" marked on the dial such as Silver, Red or etc!

Butch

There are several things about your dial that I was curious about. Almost looks like a redial, does it not? The dots came into play in the 80's so I would think they were there in the beginning of the 90's when this line started.

longview65

I sure dont know anything about it being a "re-dial" as I bought it from it's original owner and to my knowledge he never had it re-dialed.
I did however mange thru some searching to find the exact same model as mine on the NET and it here it is.....  it is however a 2-toned version but it has a DOT on the dial.
Same identical 12:00 marker as mine too!

Also....... if you notice in the pic it appears to be a RED dot model yet someone else earlier pointed out that mine was supposed to be a SILVER dot model!   The mystery continues!

Butch

Dots, dots, dots. Forgetaboutit. The reason I asked for you model number was so that I could look it up in the catalog. My picture is from the SilverPoint COllection, note that the dod outline is red but that the dot is Silver. Now, it is certainly possible yours is from an earlier catalog than I possess, actually it seems so, and that could account for the dial differences. Look at any of the watches in the gallery and you can see how dials change over the years so that makes sense.

Let hypothesize for a moment. Monnier takes over and/or starts the 1990's Zodiac line. (You have read the history, right?) He came from Tag Heuer. Note the 12 marker on yours more than bears a resemblance to the Tag logo. He gets in trouble with them, has to redo it, resurrects the points (red, silver, gold) from the 90's, poof, you have the watch from my catalog. Can I spin a tale or can I spin a tale?

The two toned one was a 209.12.02 or a 208.12.02, one being smaller and the other larger.

<ever the mechanical Swiss watch snob> Wow, this is way too much effort for a kortz watch man.

jon p

let me confuse the issue even more! i have two different sizes of this model and neither one has markers like the ones shown! both are silver points, white dial has the silver dot without an outline around it, the other, a gold fleck dial has a red outline. markers around the dial are different on both, neither one looking like the post photos. the mystery goes on, it is plain to see zodiac had many different dial layouts, they may have changed every year or two. there were also some ugly dial colors, i have seen one in a speckled dark grey dial, had black specs splattered all over it. wish i could post pics, but i just cant get the hang of it.

longview65

When it comes to Zodiacs altho I love them they are a VERY confusing brand!
For instance there is no where a person can go to look up the date of his/her Zodiac to see what year it was made.
(no-where that I know of anyway) 
Parts too are confusing as if anyone here who has collected the Vintage Seawolfs can attest to!  I have owned several Seawolfs (Vintage) and find that the bezels on them never seem to interchange with each other!  The porcelain ones wont interchange with the metal ones etc and even the metal ones wont interchange 99% of the time with each other even tho they were made in about the same time of each other!  The "theory" of why some had "points" and why some didnt is also confusing!  Butches thoughts on that made sense but not tottaly!

Butch

This is a really old one and it has the 12 marker like yours too. I am thinking these are late 80's or the very first 1990's models that Monnier came out with.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign