News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Newbi with a Red Dot

Started by derdritteraum, September 18, 2012, 11:59:24 AM

derdritteraum

Hi there,
:new
please apologize my bad english, after school and a few trips to London and Ireland, I hadn´t too much training.

I´m a 37 yo Guy living nearby Stuttgart/Germany. My interests are my dog (a beagle), watches, 2stroke motorcycles especially MZ and sometimes a good Single Malt Whisky. In the winterseason I´d like to take a ride with my snowboard.

A few years ago I saw a "Red Dot" Quarz Diver in the german ebay and I had to buy it.
Right now i wear it with a so called "Coke-Bond Nato", so the original metal braclet will stay in good condition.
Through the past years a few other watches found there way to my small collection. Most of them are Divers.
For example:
Orient Big Deep Blue,
Festina Chrono,
Citizen NY0040 Full Lume,
Vostok Europe Submarine K3,...
As you can see, all good value for money offers.
And right now I´m waiting to get a Seiko SBDX001 (MM300).  ;D

But in i´d like to own a seawolf, too. And so I found this wonderful page. :wehe
Have a nice day.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:welc :wehe  i want to welcome you to our forum!! i also collect diver watches. nice collection you have , now you are bitten by the ZODIAC bug. there is no turning back!

derdritteraum

Yes, I think you´re right about that bug. ;D
Two weeks ago there was a newer quartz one with a nice black dial (starts with an "V") in a german forum for sale. The price was ok, and everything works fine. :wehe
I also found that someone from the Forum I know had bought a black Seawolf Datograph with a metal brezel two years ago, so i can take a closer look on this amazing timepiece within the next weeks. I adore this watch on pics, but I see so many watches which are really good looking on pictures, but when it comes to wrist-time everything changes.
The diameter of the seawolf with the metalbrezel should be 35mm, right?
But a classic "Explorer I" isn´t much bigger...
Have a nice day/ evening,... ;)

jon p

it IS OK to mention other watch brands here, just cannot talk about or mention ANY ZODIAC after late 1990s, that IS a BIG NO NO!!!!

marino1976

The thing about a dot like an Aimpoint, is that you don't need to be in perfect form to make a sight picture in order for the dot to be on target. Regardless of how you look through the sight, the bullet goes where the dot is (within a very minimal margin if it has a parallax). Faster target acquisition? Absolutely. An Eotech is usually better with this because it has a bigger viewpoint and less obstruction around the glass, but an aimpoint is absolutely fast to acquire. It isn't so much about magnification either. If magnifying is what you want, than you can add a magnifier to the equation, or just used a magnified scope instead. It really depends on what you're using the rifle for. If it's close quarters, run and gun type stuff, then red dot all the way. Long range 200yd+ I would go with a scope. Try to find someone you know, or a someone at the range who has one. Just about anyone will highly recommend them, just as I do.

jon p

:what :wtf       butch, we really need to start that new GUN FORUM!! i think our newbie is not talking about a ZODIAC red dot WATCH!!  :welc :welc      :ur      MARINO---welcome to our forum, and i too like the red dot sights on my various guns, i have both the holo reflex type AND the tube type. my favorite IS the reflex.

derdritteraum

In Feb. I get the chance to buy a nearly Nos red dot with a full lume dial in 38mm diameter. A nice one with a quarz movement.

But today I saw a Seawolf metal brezel, white dial, without date and only with a two piece Zulu, the Bug whispers "Buy it" and a klick later...
:wehe
I think i can recieve it on wendsday.
pics will follow, when the Beauty is here...

derdritteraum

Hi there,
here are some Pictures of my Zodiacs including the new one. :woohoo;

The former owner has polished the case of the Seawolf. On the Caseback the text is nearly gone, and i think the dial is restored (because it already lumes). The brezel seems to be not restored.
What did you think about it?

blackgul

I also found that someone from the Forum I know had bought a black Seawolf Datograph with a metal brezel two years ago, so i can take a closer look on this amazing timepiece within the next weeks. I adore this watch on pics, but I see so many watches which are really good looking on pictures, but when it comes to wrist-time everything changes.
The diameter of the seawolf with the metalbrezel should be 35mm, right?
You can easily check out our high quality pass4sure ccnp which prepares you well for the real wikipedia

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign