News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

2 tone SEA WOLF

Started by jon p, March 17, 2012, 08:15:33 AM

jon p

:wehe  a nice one, ## 260976191863, wonder what it will sell for? dont see this model come up very often,and box+ paperwork is a bonus.

dmh

Just a guess, but I'd say it'll go for north of $500. I would think the box and papers watch would bring about $200 on ebay. Of course, anything is apt to happen on ebay. You just never know.
Here is one of my as found 2 tone Sea Wolf's with incorrect crown, which will be replaced soon.The watch really looks better than my pictures.

One unusual thing about this watch was the JB Champion Zodiac Gold filled bracelet. Most bracelets on 2 tome Sea Wolfs are also 2 toned. This one is all gold colored except the few spots where the gold wore off.

One thing I have noticed about these 2 tone models is the bezel comes in 2 different thicknesses. This is the thicker bezel.

If you buy one of these off the internet, be sure to ask for a side view of the bezel. The thinner bezel is correct I'm sure, but really looks crappy and cheap. I got rid of the one I had as fast as I could.
Best,
dmh

L. Ocle

Once again, non available for bids out of the USA... 

I don't know what have we poor Zodiac collectors of around the world done to Zodiac sellers, aside from the big sin of not being American...  ;)

:compbr

Butch

The two tones bezel change throughout the years if you check the catalogs.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dmh

Quote from: Butch on March 17, 2012, 03:19:58 PM
The two tones bezel change throughout the years if you check the catalogs.

I did glance at the catalogs, but there is no way to tell which is the thicker bezel. Just guessing, I would think the earlier ones were the thinnest and probably 14K. 
Best,
dmh

Butch

Could be. I have noted here that through the years the gold content of the bezel dropped, winding up at 9K in the 70's. Maybe they got thicker at the same time. I just thought it was a cost savings to keep the price on the watch down.

jon p

:ur :what              nice SW! very unusual bracelet being all plated. i have a 70s 2 tone GMT and the bracelet is JBC but only center links and clasp are plated. mine has the thick 9kt bezel, i have seen the thin ones, they look like the 60s SW bezel, i always thought they were brass--the chrome plating removed! i realize that IS what some you see are. BWG can replate the chrome bezels now with beautiful results! i believe i read that the 9kt gold was due to the swiss gold standard, what ever that means, the kt count was different than the USA standard.

dmh

Quote from: jon p on March 18, 2012, 08:47:34 AM
:ur :what              nice SW! very unusual bracelet being all plated. i have a 70s 2 tone GMT and the bracelet is JBC but only center links and clasp are plated. mine has the thick 9kt bezel, i have seen the thin ones, they look like the 60s SW bezel, i always thought they were brass--the chrome plating removed! i realize that IS what some you see are. BWG can replate the chrome bezels now with beautiful results! i believe i read that the 9kt gold was due to the swiss gold standard, what ever that means, the kt count was different than the USA standard.

Thanks Jon. That is the only all gold colored bracelet I've seen on a Sea Wolf. Gold colored watches were really in style in the late 60's and early 70's. Not sure why, because it wore off pretty fast on most watches and bracelets. BTW, this is the NOS dial I'm going to have put on it when I get it serviced.

With that dial, an original crown, and cleanded up a little bit, it should really look good then.
Best,
dmh

Sea Wolf

Never seen a NOS dial like that.  Good find for sure.  That will look great when completed.
Post pics.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

dmh

Quote from: jon p on March 17, 2012, 08:15:33 AM
:wehe  a nice one, ## 260976191863, wonder what it will sell for? dont see this model come up very often,and box+ paperwork is a bonus.
I think we have a shill hard at work here. Original listing 260976191863 sold  for $521.88+$15 shipping to a bidder with 2 feedback. Seller relisted 260982240102 with same pictures and description. Funny thing is the high bidder on the last one is also high bidder on this one. Wonder what it will go for this time? Just for fun, I may bid about $1100 on it to see how high his shill will go.
Best,
dmh

jon p

:o nothing more beautiful than a NOS dial!! should really look good when you get it finished! something very strange going on with this listing for sure!!

Butch

dmh, did you report your observations to eBay?

dmh

Quote from: Butch on March 19, 2012, 09:07:31 AM
dmh, did you report your observations to eBay?

I did. Several times.
After a little more research, looks like the winning bidder "missevon" hasn't bid on anything except the sellers auctions.
30-Day Summary
Total bids: 24
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%   
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

Missevon has a feedback score of 2
rac52874 left her feedback on a $1000 watch he bought from her
and a $3.49 doll he just sold her
he also relisted the doll

Nothing but Scum.

Best,
David

Butch

dmh

Keep an eye on this one.
If ebay doesn't remove it, it will get interesting. LOL
Best,
dmh

L. Ocle

Hi, guys.

I've been using ebay without a single problem during years, and now since I read here you are getting me scared!!!

;) ;) ;)

Great work! Since I know you, before bidding on any Zodiac I previously check if you have said something about it.

Thanks for the work and the helpful info provided.

Oliver

Hi,

I contacted the seller and asked him why the watch was listed again. He said the reserve price wasn't met on the first auction and that's why he lists the watch again. I replied, there was no reserve price, neither on the first auction, nor on the current one and that the watch was listed as "sold" the first time. No answer from him now ...  ::)

jon p

:o           looks like it went for $417. not too bad for what it was. looks like it had the thinner bezel, i THINK, kinda hard to tell for sure.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign