News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Something old, something new...

Started by Butch, July 31, 2012, 05:25:42 PM

Butch

Interesting? I emailed the seller and asked for a picture of the movement and the inside case back.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

smithrjd

Not one I have seen before, but then again I do not know Zodiacs that well. Looks a lot like an old Sandoz that I bought in about '73.

Butch

Ultra-Vintage

It is interesting.  The Zodiac signature and symbol obviously did not come on that dial originally, but the rest of it appears that it could be original.  Soooo, they either removed the original name on the dial and printed Zodiac over it, or like other watches from the 70s that I have had the dial may have been unsigned originally.  Let us know if he sends you any other pics Butch!

Butch

The seller got back to me. He said it has a Clebar movement and the inside of the case back says Titus. Perhaps it is a mis-re-dialed Clebar that when assembled they ran out of backs and put a Titus back on it.

The thing that bugs me is the painting of the name and logo.

jon p

very strange! if you enlarge the dial pic notice how the ZODIAC is not really "factory" sharp and clear.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: jon p on August 01, 2012, 08:40:49 AM
very strange! if you enlarge the dial pic notice how the ZODIAC is not really "factory" sharp and clear.

Definitely not factory sharp and clear.  It looks like the re-dialer put it on there with a rubber stamp.....

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign