News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

1970's Zodiac Super SeaWolf

Started by nmstoute, May 20, 2013, 04:09:56 PM

nmstoute

I was recently given this watch by my father who served in the Navy for almost 2 decades. I have done some research on the watch and believe it is quite rare and valuable. I am seeing it around $2,500 (can anyone confirm) - but thats not why I am here. I am wondering about the emblems on the band. Given it was a Navy Divers watch - there are H2O tanks and tools on the band. Does anyone know if this was a common band for the Zodiac's or was that added aftermarket? It makes me think that it may have been in honor or something - whether it be time of service or a task that was accomplished during service.

nmstoute

I cant seem to post pictures - if you think you know about the watch let me know and I can email pics

nmstoute

Here is a link to the watch - but mine has the band described in the intro.

Butch

Sounds like an aftermarket band. And the price you are seeing is grossly over inflated. But one in good shape with original band can exceed $1,000.00 easily.

Please read the form rules about posting pictures.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,1362.0.html
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Sea Wolf

Post some pics, just click "Attachments and other options and click CHoose File and locate the pic on your computer.
Then click (more attachments) and keep posting pics   :woohoo;
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

dmh

It is called an Olongapo band. Not a presentation piece, but a very nice aftermarket band much sought after and custom made in the Philippines by locals. Originally made from liberated US Military issued  Stainless Steel  spoons. These bands were made with your choice of emblems and were popular from the Vietnam War until Subic Bay Naval Base closed in the early 90's. They look very uncomfortable, but are not, after you get use to it.  A lot of them ended up on the wrists of Special Forces and UDT's. Without a doubt, an Olongapo is as close as you get to an indestructible band.

Best,
dmh

Butch

Very nice and informative dmh! Good job.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign