News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

GMT on ebay

Started by Doogie, January 11, 2014, 11:36:43 AM

Doogie

201018385511. Nice looking

jon p

:woohoo;        :wehe        nice gmt, too bad it is missing the original bracelet. the arrow tip red GMT hand looks kinda odd though. usually it is short and blunt like the other hands. this one looks like it has the newer hands with the older GMT hand. i own both old and new GMTs, my old model has the arrow tip GMT hand and the other hands are slim, ie "skinny". hands may have been swithed out at one time or zodiac used different  leftover ones at the model change. take a look at the gold/ss GMT in the member sales section, those are the early 1970s GMT hands. 1960s were the skinny ones. the watch on ebay is a decent buy, figure about $150. for a full service and if you want an original bracelet add another $150. when you can find one.

incountry

I have two GMT's from the 60's and neither of them have those markings on the case back.  Both of mine are marked with "Aerospace" on the back. How about your GMT's Jon; do any of them match those markings?  :)

Doogie

Good eye.. Mine says aerospace also

jon p

GMT case back markings. my early 1960s skinny hands with red arrow tip gmt hand does NOT have aerospace on the back. my 1971 gold/ss gmt has aerospace engraved under ZODIAC in smaller letters. i think the one for sale is an ealy model that sometime in its life had the later broad stubby hands added. just my guess. the arrow tip matches the early case back. zodiac may have also mixed hands at the factory ,at model change time trying to use up parts still on hand. this we will NEVER know for SURE! both dials are black and exactly the same. the GMTs are an interesting part of zodiac history. i hate to sell my gold/ss but it is time for it to go to a new owner. :'( :'( :'(

Doogie

Hi jon.  Do you have pictures of the 71 gold/ss on here.? Love to see what it looks like

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

Quote from: Doogie on January 14, 2014, 11:41:19 AM
Hi jon.  Do you have pictures of the 71 gold/ss on here.? Love to see what it looks like
check out the member for sale forum, that is the gold/ss GMT. sorry bout the crappy pics- ---that is all my $50. kodak will do. the gold bezel really sets off the black dial. i see a lot of the gold/ss sea wolfs , they also had gold hour markers and hands, which the gmt does not. i think i had some incorrect info, looks like the gold/ss GMT SHOULD  HAVE gold hands and hour markers. zodiac history can be very confusing at times. sorry for the wrong info.

Doogie

Thanks guys.  I struggle with the search querries,  I try. Anyway nice looking gmt love the 2 tone.. If I only had a spare $600

jon p

Quote from: jon p on January 14, 2014, 01:02:29 PM
Quote from: Doogie on January 14, 2014, 11:41:19 AM
check out the member for sale forum, that is the gold/ss GMT. sorry bout the crappy pics- ---that is all my $50. kodak will do. the gold bezel really sets off the black dial. i see a lot of the gold/ss sea wolfs , they also had gold hour markers and hands, which the gmt does not. i think i had some incorrect info, looks like the gold/ss GMT SHOULD  HAVE gold hands and hour markers. zodiac history can be very confusing at times. sorry for the wrong info.
i just looked at the gold/ss GMT in the gallery here, states it is all original, but the hands and hour markers dont look gold to me. am i blind or are the hands/hour rmarkers silver on that watch!? remember, inquiring minds need to know!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign