News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Butch, is this a record for ...

Started by jmh86325, March 02, 2014, 07:39:07 PM

jmh86325

for a 1st generation seawolf

Butch

Holy cow! I believe so. The funny thing is my snipe max was set at $355 as based on the description and (lack of) pics I think the bracelet is not original.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

:agreei

Bracelet was not original to the watch, but I believe that it drove the price up extensively.  Switch the clasp and endpieces on that bracelet with those from a worn out one and presto, you have an "original" Rolex oyster stretch band.  A band that many sellers would ask big bucks for if it was tight and not sprung.

Butch

Huh. So, maybe it was the band for some Rolex guy that drove the price of that auction so high. They're gonna just throw away the stinking Zodiac Sea Wolf and keep the band!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on March 03, 2014, 01:44:14 PM
Huh. So, maybe it was the band for some Rolex guy that drove the price of that auction so high. They're gonna just throw away the stinking Zodiac Sea Wolf and keep the band!

I think it is a good possibility that is what they were after, and the Zodiac watch was secondary.  Who knows with wacky 'bay anymore!  :#banghead

davec

I'm thinking about tossing mine on the bay now to recapitalize the war chest. Lol

Iktomi

Even for a 1st generation 900 bucks seems pretty steep to me...but I'll be damned if that isn't a fine looking watch.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign