News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

"aka Poorman's Zodiac Super Sea Wolf"

Started by Butch, May 15, 2014, 01:26:47 PM

Butch

Only by the seller I am afraid! No one else calls them that. Don't sink to their level, force them to come up to yours.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:what :wtf :SB:   well, here we go again, but, at least he didnt say heuer!!   :#C :sici

Cobber

Reads more like a compliment to Zodiac than anything else. It's not like they listed a Zodiac and called it a poor man's Gruen.

jmh86325

:sho be nice...that belongs to one of our own board mbrs

Butch

Quote from: jmh86325 on May 15, 2014, 10:59:02 PM
:sho be nice...that belongs to one of our own board mbrs

Oh I know exactly who it is. And I was nice, offering friendly advice too.

And as for the compliment, well, that is all the Heuer boys are doing, right?

Cobber

:dh
It may be I'm missing something here but when I see a Zodiac described as a "poor man's Heuer" I interpret that to mean, if you're not willing to pony up for the real McCoy, you can settle for a this poor man's version. Stings a little bit and unless one feels gratitude for basking in the glory of being compared to a Heuer, not really a compliment.
However, if it's a watch listed as a "poor man's Zodiac" such as the case here then I interpret it as paying respect to Zodiac at the exspense of, unfortunately, Gruen.

Butch

Quote from: Cobber on May 16, 2014, 12:02:20 PM
:dh
It may be I'm missing something here but when I see a Zodiac described as a "poor man's Heuer" I interpret that to mean, if you're not willing to pony up for the real McCoy, you can settle for a this poor man's version. Stings a little bit and unless one feels gratitude for basking in the glory of being compared to a Heuer, not really a compliment.
However, if it's a watch listed as a "poor man's Zodiac" such as the case here then I interpret it as paying respect to Zodiac at the exspense of, unfortunately, Gruen.

Agreed. But I just happen to think it is not right no matter how it is done. Put another way, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Like my mama used to say, "Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one." This is mine. Now, what he wants to do when selling his watches on eBay is his damn business. In the nature of this board I gave my comments on an auction.

<deep breath> Having said all that, I am not p|ssed off. At that auction, or at that seller. OR at any of the comments in here. I just wanted to make my position known is all.

:SB:

Cobber

Agreed. I thought it was a little tongue in cheek by the seller getting a kick out of stealing a page from the Heuer bots.
How peculiar would it be if there's some Gruen forum somewhere and everybody's getting all pissed at the seller right now.

jon p

:butchLOL; :#Clapping  i think i know who seller is and i think he has a great sense of humor!

Butch

Quote from: Cobber on May 16, 2014, 12:34:16 PM
Agreed. I thought it was a little tongue in cheek by the seller getting a kick out of stealing a page from the Heuer bots.

You are quite probably correct. Even funnier is that the Heuer Boys probably do not know that this seller is making fun of them.

Cobber

:sici
I was just getting a haircut and the left and right sides of my brain decided to start communicating with one another.

Butch, I just realized I misunderstood your original post. For some reason unexplainable to me now, maybe it was the whiskey last night, I thought you took the listing as an insult to Zodiac. Thus my rediculous crusade to explain the obvious.
Oh well, my apologies.  :shuc

Butch

Quote from: Cobber on May 16, 2014, 01:24:36 PM
:sici
I was just getting a haircut and the left and right sides of my brain decided to start communicating with one another.

Butch, I just realized I misunderstood your original post. For some reason unexplainable to me now, maybe it was the whiskey last night, I thought you took the listing as an insult to Zodiac. Thus my rediculous crusade to explain the obvious.
Oh well, my apologies.  :shuc

HA! I try hard to not post from 9p-11p in the forum. That is whiskey time.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign