News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiacs on eBAy are now officially nutzo!

Started by Butch, January 28, 2015, 02:58:30 PM

Butch

Auction:

Description:
This is a vintage Zodiac Powergraphic wrist watch with 36 hour wind indicator. 17 jewel Caliber 1501 movement. Gold plated case with stainless steel screw back. Luminous material is missing from the minute hand. 34mm case diameter excluding crown. Triple signed Zodiac. Watch is complete and running.

Seller:

tightyankee

This is the manual wind version of the original Autographics first introduced by Zodiac in 1949. They were made in the mid-1950's (they are in the 1955 catalog). Why? Probably a cheaper version than the Autographics which were automatics. Get it?

So, why am I writing this? I am not a fan of manual wind watches. Period. But these rarely come up and I have always wanted one for my collection. So when I saw this I sent the seller an email asking them to wind and watch it and get back to me on the gauge's performance. He did that 2 days later, and said it was a bit off, but it did for from 0 > 36 > 0! So I put a Snipe bid in my program for $150. Yeah, I know it is not worth that. But the watch fund is a bit flush right now and as I said, you don't see them very often.

Would you believe that when the 2 minutes left warning in my Snipe program went off it was at $121.00 and I said, "HUH!". Two minutes later I hear my snipe program say, "Rats!". WTH??? I go look and somebody else has won the auction and paid $324.50 plus $9 shipping for this gold plated manual wind watch! I'll be the first to admit, for my private collection, I have in the past, sometimes, maybe paid a little too much for a specimen. But DAMN! They really wanted that sucker more than I did.

Below is the picture of the watch that seller tightyankee has graciously allowed me to post on this site. Thank you!

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

JDV

LOL, collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek, is it?

Doogie

Lmao..I could've been the OP on this except I was willing to pay significantly more...
I was very surprised when I lost the auction
Maybe next time

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign