News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac SeaWolf ?

Started by RoyOdense, September 27, 2013, 03:32:20 AM

RoyOdense

What is this?
Watch case and bezel looks like a SeaWolf - I can not find a Zodiac watch that has the type of watch dial and hands.
The stamping on the back case is also of poor quality.

Offshore

Can I guess that is is out of India?
Their redials are just so photoshopped!
Offshore

jon p

:wtf  i agree about where it probably comes from, i have never seen one from that area that hasnt been redialed!! some wild colors too. check out the pits in the case/back, looks like it must have been in salt water for many years. they couldnt remove enough metal to get rid of them. buyer beware, run away very fast.

Butch

Hi Roy, welcome to the forum.

That watch has the incorrect hands and dial on it. Here is what the originals looked like.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/SeaWolf.php
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

RoyOdense

Thanks for the welcome.  :)

I know the problem of watches from India. It is surprising that they now appear on the Danish auction pages.
I would not bid on the watch. It will be interesting what it sold for. (auction on 2. October)
Assessment is set to 800 DKK or 145 USD. 

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

rdenney

Woof indeed! The problem with Mumbaitis is that the fresh paint on the dial often masks green grunge in the movement.

Rick "who also follows vintage Favre-Leubas, of which a billion must have been sold in India" Denney

Offshore

If you are in to redials, the work they do is good however.
I am told they use a digital photo of the original dial, photoshopped onto a transparent sticky film, over the repainted dial.
On a Zodiac the tricky bit would be the symbol, as it is an embossed pressing in the dial which I guess  would have been originally screen printed.
Offshore

RoyOdense

The auction is now closed.
Sold for 725,- DKK with fees and P.P 1090,- DKK or 198 USD.

jon p

:woohoo;   man, some one was PARTED from their hard earned money! hope they dont find out really what it IS!!!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign