Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Click for Mobile Forums

Author Topic: My First and Only Zodiac (So Far)  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Nateb123

My First and Only Zodiac (So Far)
« on: May 14, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »
Hey all,

So I was about to buy a Swiss Army Divemaster from where I work (I get them below cost).  I had been looking for a piece to reward myself for paying off student loans and getting a real career.  On impulse though, I decided to see what I could get off of eBay.  So I'm cruising around, bored to tears looking at old Seikos, Omegas, Rolexes, Breitlings, etc. when suddenly I see this strange looking watch.  Upon inspection, it looks very 70s and retro (right up my alley) and it's automatic.  Perfect! I start doing some research on it and discover the wonders of Zodiac watches.  I'm in love but I decide to sleep on it (even though it's already 3AM) so that I'm not buying totally on impulse.

I slept worse than a kid on Christmas Eve.  My girlfriend got up for work at 7AM and I had bought the watch at 7:15.

Today I got my NOS Olympos Automatic SST in the mail and it fits slightly tight when I'm hot but looks so good that I don't care.  I'm enamoured with this watch.  It's probably the best looking watch I've every seen.  It oozes quality and style.  I set it and it's running beautifully, like chronometer quality.  After work I show it to my girlfriend and show her the quick date adjustment.  It works a couple times but then I feel it loose its springiness, like a stuck button on a game controller.  I pull the crown out manually and bam, the crown has come off in my hand.  Not the best first day of Zodiac ownership :/

So now I'm having my watchmaker friend look at it.  He's a bloody genius and can fix anything from Soviet pocket watches to ancient Hamiltons so I'm not too worried, especially since the stem still looks intact.  Hopefully this is just a hiccup that ensures I have a watchmaker look at it early on so I can avoid further problems since it's my new baby.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:53:33 AM by Nateb123 »

Offline Sea Wolf

• Administrator
    • Vintage Zodiacs
Re: My First and Only Zodiac (So Far)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:11:14 AM »
Welcome to the vintage zodiac world.

If your watchmaker is not a vintage Zodiac expert, we have one that services our watches here and
gets the job done right the first time and for a fair price.  He also has parts for our watches, so keep that in mind.
Post some pics of your purchase and I am sure other will help out where they can.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

CopyrightŠ 2017, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign
  Top Watch Sites