Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: Zodiac Crown  (Read 1406 times)

Offline 49eral

Zodiac Crown
« on: April 03, 2012, 12:01:33 AM »
Hello All! This is my first post and a newbie to horology. I have suddenly become addicted to vintage watches and have been buying some here and there on some action sites. Also, I have become fond of the ones that appear that require some work. I have purchased a few watchmakers tools and a great deal on vintage crystals and mainsprings on craigslist. Also, I have a watchmaker here locally with over 30 years of experience and has helped me with a couple of rebuilds quite affordable. Basically I take more pleasure in restoring than purchasing restored on ebay.

Long story short, one of my most recent (and by far my favorite) purchases has been a Zodiac Guardsman Automatic with an emerald green dial, date window and roman numerals. I picked up on an online auction for $50...and it runs great! I plan on replacing the crystal, installing a nice breitling style band and polishing it up myself. The only thing that it is missing is a stem and crown. Would anyone have one laying around that they wouldn't mind donating or selling? I am in love with this piece and am anxious in restoring it to its original splendor. All your help is appreciated! Pictures real soon!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:55:38 AM by 49eral »

Offline Butch

• My postings are my personal opinons based on 25 years of collecting Zodiacs and the reference materials in my possession.
  • Global Moderator
  • Butch@VintageZodiacs.com
    • Zodiac Watch Research
Re: Zodiac Crown
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:27:44 AM »
Sorry, I had missed this from last month. Welcome to the wonderful world of Zodiacs... Where they all need a lot of work and there are no parts for them. All you can do is try some of the parts houses and see if they have anything, or buy a donor watch for parts.

Just curious, what is the case number for your model, inside the back? XXX XXX is the format.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

CopyrightŠ 2019, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign