Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Click for Mobile Forums

Author Topic: My dads Rally racing watch saga!  (Read 240 times)

Offline YoshiCy

My dads Rally racing watch saga!
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »
My dad bought this watch (sea chron) in 1971 when he was a co pilot for rally races back then and it was using it as his prime chronometer. In an unknown situation during a race he lost the bezel I've been trying to find a replacement or a full case or just a broken watch so I can bring it back to its original condition. I have to note that this beauty works like a charm! My father is in his late sixties and although he passed it on to me I want to bring this lady back to its original status so i can give it back to him. It really means a lot to him! Can anyone help me with this task? I am in the searching for 4 years now and nothing....  :(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:48:12 PM by YoshiCy »

Offline Ultra-Vintage

• VZ Team
  • Vintage Watch Fanatic
Re: My dads Rally racing watch saga!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:09:27 PM »
Unfortunately those are really hard to come by.  I have very rarely seen them loose for sale, and when I did it was $300-$400.  That was when those watches brought $2000-$2500........but now that I have seen some nice examples of the Sea Chron sell in the $3500-$4000+ range it is hard to tell what you would have to pay for a nice bezel if one came up.

CopyrightŠ 2017, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign
  Top Watch Sites