Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: What are the essentials for a Zodiac Collection?  (Read 2443 times)

Offline davec73

What are the essentials for a Zodiac Collection?
« on: January 07, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
Hey guys,

Thought it'd be interesting to see what others thought essential items would be for a representative collection on Zodiac's many years of horological craftmanship.

My first essential, if you could only have one.  Metal bezel, black dial, with date Seawolf, on a classic rivet expansion bracelet. 

Unfortunately, the one I have, though it runs like a charm, looks like its been through a lot in its long life.  Though its still attractive, in a Ernest Borgnine kinda way.

Offline Sea Wolf

• Administrator
    • Vintage Zodiacs
Re: What are the essentials for a Zodiac Collection?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
I like that exact watch without the Date.  I think the date takes away from the good looks of that dial and
because that's the model I have...no date. 8)

Anything Pre-Fossil, in my opinion are the only real Zodiacs.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Offline jon p

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »
 your #1 choice is also mine! i have the same SW i bought new in 1968 with the "bead" bracelet.it started my zodiac collection 40 years later.i just am glad i kept it all this time. yourSW is in excellent condition-all the lume is in the hands still. i also like the dateless dial, i am looking for a nice one w/white dial. i also have some newer zodiacs-both automatic and quartz plus a restored jet w/black 24hr dial and a recently restored GMT w/black dial.it is an early model with red arrow tip gmt hand and skinny hour/min hands.it has the early metal bezel. my special one though is a manual wind 17j hermetic that my parents gave me for my 13th b-day in 1958-9. it is a s/s case with white dial w/gold markers & hands.i am 64 now so i HAVE had it for a while!still runs good-someday i want to have it re-dialed to get rid of the age spots and discolor.not a collector piece but a lot of memories.sadly, both my parents are now departed but i still have the watch they gave me. i also collect bulova  and i have a couple of fantastic wakmann chronos-a 2 and a 3 register.i do have a varied collection but the zodiacs are my favorites!!  JON

Offline Butch

• My postings are my personal opinons based on 25 years of collecting Zodiacs and the reference materials in my possession.
  • Global Moderator
  • Butch@VintageZodiacs.com
    • Zodiac Watch Research
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »
I think you know mine so I will refrain from supplying the link.   ;)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

flyingdutchman

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 09:54:52 AM »
 The SeaWolf below is out at BWG. I will give a quick snapshot when it comes back. I also think the SeaWolf is a must have in any Zodiac Collection. My collection consists of 2..Ha Ha. They both are in need of a little help. Mine are so bad they look like Ernest Borgnine at the end of Poseidon Adventure.

Offline jon p

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
 :D hey,your SWs really look GOOD and your jet has LOTS of potential--good case and nice dial.a new crystal will really make it nice. a crystal is inexpensive and makes a BIG difference-lets that nice dial be seen.  BWG does fantastic work-be sure to let us see it when it gets back and let us know what was done to it.  JON

CopyrightŠ 2019, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign