Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Author Topic: how i got my seawolf  (Read 3399 times)

Offline blauroterfritz

• Forum Member
how i got my seawolf
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »
there are certain watches you just have to have. In my mind the orange seawolf is one of them. I had been hunting for the right one for just about 10 years. The odd one came up once in a while , but they either were too bad in condition or somebody else would snap them up in front of your eyes. Ofcourse the " holy grail" , a NOS watch with papers was the ultimate goal, but I had resigned to the fact that this was probably unrealistic. Believe you me , I had hunted everywhere!. Than one year my birthday came up and against the odds there was a small box sitting on the kitchen table, every other year it would have been a bottle of scotch. My wife , who knows nothing about watches urged me to "unpack". I nearly fell of my chair , when I found inside my seawolf. Box papers and all the rest.My next question to her , knowing the rarity of this watch, was: How on earth did you get this watch????? This was her answer : " Darling , I know you like watches, so I just got on E-bay the other day to browse and I saw this one. It looked pretty so I put a maximum bid on it and more or less forgot about it.Than , a week later , I got this E-mail to say I won the bid. I hope you are not too disappointed , after all it is a   small watch and does not look like a guys watch, but it is pretty. God bless her , she had no idea what she in fact had landed . But , boy , I did let her know, it was one of my better birthdays.

Offline dawej

• VZ Team
Re: how i got my seawolf
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
Hehe, fantastic story! I like the part where she though it looked pretty, put in a maximum offer and then forgot about it.  ;D

Offline goodtimes688

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
Haha...great story!... It's nice to own a piece of history, especially when it's a gift...enjoy it in good health and do post pictures when you get the chance =)

Offline blauroterfritz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 06:37:32 AM »
Hello goodtimes, thank you , and there are pictures of the watch under the generell forum. See ya , Arne

Offline davec

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:53:16 PM »
What a great story and a wonderful wife.   :)

My wife usually pooh poohs my watch stuff but to give her credit, she spotted me several hundred bucks to pick up an unusually nice Seawolf at a flea market.

Offline jon p

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »
 :o   wish i could run up on a SW at a flea market,  seems like all i ever see is junk the trash man should have taken!! i just dont have good luck.

CopyrightŠ 2018, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

Advertising Information  |  Privacy Policy  |  About Us 

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign
  Top Watch Sites