News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SSW Kit

Started by dbluefish, August 13, 2010, 07:53:19 PM

dbluefish

As I have already posted, I traded for an SSW and find it to be accurate and a really good looking piece.  Here since it is vintage I used one of my vintage Snuff bottles(100 yrs old +/=)to capture this picture.

But in the kit there was this tool.  Obviously one end is for removing spring bars but the other had me puzzled.  It is 2mm wide at the tip.

So I was going to ask everyone what they thought this tip was for.  But we are supposed to do our homework so I pulled out the loup and checked for any writing on there checking found on the piece.  Sure, there it was "Bergeon Swiss Made 6767".  Further checking found a Bergeon 6767S and a 6767F with the F for fine.  It was for removing springbars on drilled lugs.  2mm drilled holes?  Zodiac, as usual had a bit of a twist and the Bergeon site had no 6767.
So, does anyone have an y experience with such drilled holes?

Anyway, still a great Zodiac with a neat kit.

enjoy

paul

jon p

PAUL, VERY NICE SSW!!! looks to be in exceptional condition. did you get the metal bracelet? for removing the band split pins i like to use the type tool you lay the band in and turn the knob to push out the pin. i have tried the tool you show but most pins are to tight for it to work properly.  JON

dbluefish

PAUL, VERY NICE SSW!!! looks to be in exceptional condition. did you get the metal bracelet? for removing the band split pins i like to use the type tool you lay the band in and turn the knob to push out the pin. i have tried the tool you show but most pins are to tight for it to work properly.  JON

Hey Jon, I use the same tool for pushing pins out of the bracelet.  Sometimes I use the tool that holds the band and use a spring bar remover and a small jewelers hammer and tap it out.

My problem and question is i have worked on a fair share of bracelets and drilled lugs and NEVER seen one at 2mm.  It looks like a pry bar, lol!

Yes have the band and the funky vanilla dive strap(three pieces), the tool above, the dive chart, a manual and other odds and ends.

I have been wearing it off and on but mostly on and it runs currently 2 4 seconds fast in 24hrs.  Fairly good with no adjustment i know of.

Anyway I will keep researching this tool but since the REAL Zodiacs have little archival material and the current owners are useless, it will be a slog.

Thanks for the praise.

paul

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign