News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Somebody help me out here

Started by Butch, June 01, 2011, 04:48:17 PM

Butch

Let me first say I have never been a fan of any rubber bands. They remind me of the cheap ass early Citizens and such back in the 80's. <shiver>

This guy's auction is labeled:
NOS 20mm Swiss Tropic SUB Perforated Vintage Watch Band

But when you get to the fine print it says:
NOS vintage Swiss Tropic style SUB black rubber diver watch strap with single-keeper, and removable silver stainless steel buckle.

And further down:
The quality of a Tropic, but thicker: the lug ends are 5.6mm, and the strap tapers to 3mm at the ends.

And lets not fail to mention that he says he has "...shown a 1960s vintage advertisement for it. " and I cannot seem to find it. Not that it really matters I guess.

So, is this a Swiss Tropic band, or is it not? And, maybe it's just me, but $75? For a rubber band?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Nateb123

Fake.  It says "SUB" on the back of the band where it would attach to the lugs.  It would say Tropic if it was legit.  Like this:

Which makes sense since he keeps saying its a Swiss Tropic SUB band or Tropic style SUB black rubber band, etc.

I wouldn't say the price is terribly high for a rubber strap though.  I've seen a lot of very nice ones which have converted me over time.  This one however is definitely over priced junk.

reydelaplaya

Funny you bring this up, Butch.  My real NOS Tropic Strap arrived today from Switzerland - Paid about half what this guy's asking.

I updated my post about it with pix - check it out ;)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign