News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SOLD:MARATHON U.S. MILITARY ISSUED "TRITIUM H3" MIL-W-46374E WATCH APRIL 1991

Started by dmh, June 14, 2015, 11:57:29 AM

dmh

MIL-W46374E  ( published 5/31/1989 )

Maker         Marathon
   Type            Type 2
   FSN/NSN    6645-01-304-4308
   Case            PLA   
   Movement   17j Mechanical
   Dates           April 1991
   Notes:         Mod. 348A; tritium vials introduced Swiss Made , 17 Jewels, Maintainable

MIL-W-46374E Watches

The MIL-W-46374E specification for U.S. Military watches was issued 31 May 1989. It required a change from tritium luminous paint used with previous versions of the MIL-W-46374 to the use of tritium vials to contain the radioactivity that was the illumination source. The gaseous tritium vials were safer and more effective than paint. The design of the dial and the hands were updated and the H3 mark plus the symbol for radioactivity were required

MIL-SPEC 46374E TYPE 2 MECHANICAL
MARATHON U.S. MILITARY ISSUE "TRITIUM H3" GENERAL PURPOSE WATCH  DATED APRIL 1991

THIS WATCH IS THE SAME WATCH ISSUED DURING DESERT STORM.

Some call this the LOST MARATHON..

The MARATHON 46374E SPEC. was short lived so not many of these were issued or still exist. The only issue date was April 1991.
I bought 2 of these as NOS about 15 years ago. I still wear the one I'm keeping occasionally.This one has been just setting in my watch box since then. I have worn it for the last 2 days to check the timekeeping It is running great and keeping accurate time.
The case is made of an extremely durable black nylon/fiberglass composite material.   The crystal is an aircraft quality lightweight Lexon material allowing for strength and scratch removal. The dial features the radioactive symbol (Tritium isotope) and is marked "Swiss Made".This is a great looking timepiece that is actual military issue and has met military specifications.

Full Military Issue Markings on the back are:

WATCH, WRIST: GENERAL PURP.
MIL-W-46374E
6645-01-304-4308
348A
54-28526-01E
DLA400-91-C5091
APR 1991
DISPOSE RAD WASTE
U.S.

Comes complete with the black military strap as issued with.

Price  is $109 via normal paypal
Price is $105 via alternate paypal method with no fees to me.
Free USPS shipping within the US. (either payment method OK)
Will  ship International for an additional $8.
email
USAsgtE5@gmail.com
Thanks for looking.
dmh

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign