News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Cleaning a Zodiac Sea Wolf bracelet (what model would match?)

Started by Mugea, February 22, 2017, 11:59:05 AM

Mugea

Actually, the bracelet was NOS when it arrived - except for the dirt between the two end links. But I managed it to remove the dull area by using some elbow-grease and some "Wizard Wipes" (soaked in a secret formula cleaner) to have a more pleasing looking bracelet.

Here's a before/after photo:

Just kiddin'! No, the truth is: just recently a wreck of a Hermetic was offered on ebay. The watch does not run, the dial is in bad condition, as well as the hands (and the case and the crystal....). But the plus: a super nice bracelet with the right 17.5 mm width was attached to it "by the former owner just recently" (quote from the ebay offer). As I was looking for a bracelet to go with my Sea Wolf, this was the chance to get one.

My question: does anybody know to which Zodiac model this bracelet originally was linked to? It reminds me a little bit of the bracelet that came with the 1972BL. Well the bracelet of the 1972BL was made by Kreisler - my bracelet only hast the marking "100% STAINLESS STEEL", but no maker markings.

So: any ideas?
And: I know, the right bracelet would be the jubilee variation. But for the time being the shown bracelet will be OK for me.

Regards

Martin

YuriyV

Bracelet of the 1972BL model has straight lug ends. This one - rounded ends.  :ar15;
Don't see any similar bracelets in catalogs...

Mugea

Hi YuriyV,

thanks for your expertise! OK, no 1972BL bracelet, no other known type of Zodiac bracelet..... interesting! And strange, because the width of 17.5mm matches perfectly a Zodiac of the 60s and early 70s.

Regards

Martin

Butch

People often move(d) a Zodiac clasp to another band that uses that same type. Both then and now.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign