News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Orbitrer

Started by nnp226, March 24, 2010, 04:55:39 PM

nnp226

I have always been interested in watches but recently got serious when someone gave me an automatic.  I was checking out some watches my dad owns and found a Zodiac.  I tried to find out more information on it and have found nothing.  It is an automatic and is gold colored.  Just above the "6" is the word Orbitrer which I assume is a model.  I remember him telling me the hour, minute and second hands are painted on clear discs to make them appear they are floating and not connected to anything.  I remember him buying it and seem to remember it was in the '70s.  Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?
In the original post I called this watch and Orbitron in error.  It is actually an Orbitor

Sea Wolf

I think what you have is the pre Astrographic.  Look at the Gallery/Astrographic and see if your watch looks like those.

The dial type is called Mystery.  I have an Astrographic with Butches watch guy, awaiting a crystal some day.
If your crystal is scratched, I think ebay has a gold tone astro crystal for auction, they are hard to find and it may fit your Orbiter.

Can you post some pics and the old timers can assist you better.

Welcome aboard!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

nnp226

I was also leaning toward the Astrograph based on photos I saw here.  I think I finally managed to attach a photo of it.  The band is not the original.  Dad still has the original but put the other on it for whatever reason.

nnp226

Sea Wolf- you were right!  Mom found the original box with all the tags.  I still don't have a date but the box and tage were all marked "Astrographic" The original price tag was in there also- $137.50.  How cool is that?

Sea Wolf

Yes, it's a very cool watch, 70's retro style.  Butch used to hit the discos and wear that model.  I can't wait to get
mine working and wear it out.

Keep in mind you need to get that watch serviced or it will eventually stop and then need a major overhaul.

Click on Watch Repair, read about having it serviced and if you are ready, contact butch.

Enjoy and take care of that Astro  ;D
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign