News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

another weird sea wolf!!

Started by jon p, September 07, 2010, 10:37:35 PM

jon p

:-\ :o take a close look at ebay # 230519175902. looks like a SW but........... where is the bezel? doesnt look like a SW case,and hands ok except for second hand, looks like a 1990s SW model. no lume, font looks ok but rust color date background doesnt!! WOW--something new every day. i wonder why no picture of movement!? gee, i wonder why bid is so low? i am watching to see what this one sells for.

Butch

I saw that on. And you think finding a redialer who can do a good SW dial is hard, try finding one that can do a Sea Skate.

I think that is a Sea Skate with and improper redial. Speaking of which, here is a (over priced) Sea Skate in need of a redial. 160477917980
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

thanks butch, i didnt think of the sea skate ! you see so very few of them. wow, that one is really in bad condition, AND it doesnt run, wonder why!?

TJW

Speaking of SW's, how about 250693915443...did white dial SW's sometimes have silver hands?  There's one in the gallery, but it looks like it might be the gold version.    TJW

Butch

Ordinarily, NO, but in this case, MAYBE? Good question TJ!

What you are looking at is a very early SW, like maybe late 50's VERY early sixties. This is evidenced by the hands w/o the center vein and the movement not being a caliber 7x.

Ordinarily with the later hands that did have the center veins, a white dial had black hands and a black dial had silver hands. And if it was two toned model then the hands and hour markers were gold to match the gold bezel, gold crown, and gold center links of the band.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

nice one! wonder what it goes for--we shall see! looks like original dial and beautiful. seems like i read somewhere they started adding the vein on the hands to keep the lume from falling out. the silver hands are a little hard to see against the white, thank goodness my later white dial has black hands! this is a nice example, should make someone real happy. i also noticed the lettering on the back cover is different from the later models,notice"sea wolf".

TJW

Thanks...I may bid on this one...oops, forgot...no money.  Hope it goes to a good home.     TJW

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign